Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2020, 06:59 AM   #1

Skylark Front Bath vs Front Kitchen Black tank size

So a 2012 spec sheet from the Jayco site indicates the TT with the front bath layout has a 32 gallon Black Tank vs 22.5 on the TT with the front Kitchen layout. Just wondering if that was a typo or if it is true?

I already own a front Kitchen 2012 model that lives in Helen GA and just now purchased a 2011 model with front Bath. Figure will use the 2011 model down in Florida and for trips up to Lake Hartwell, Lavonia GA. Guessing, hoping, the 2011 model is likewise 32 gallons.

THe 2011 model has a Heat Pump so no extra wind drag as it does not have a roof mount a/c unit. Not a clue if that really makes any difference to be honest.

Other then Black Water tank size and type of a/c unit...plus layout...it seems the 2011 model might be slightly better for road trips thus will have it live down here in Florida instead of keeping the 2012 front Kitchen one down here which has the roof a/c unit.

I live alone so really don't need the big bath the 2011 model has, just got it at a great price I feel and wanted to have a TT near me to use quickly when wanted.

Don't know if an extra 9.5 gallons means a lot in the world of Black Tanks though guess more is better in this example perhaps. Especailly if doing road trips with the TT when I will be gone many days. Though guessing these models were not designed for Boondocking along with the very low ground clearance.

Will need to read up on the heat pump to see what is needed to power it. Do have a 2500/2200 generator though so maybe that would work if I am lucky.
Thank you in advance for any information.
skylimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with the front bath model Skylarks. Normally the sink and shower water goes to a grey tank not the black. If your 2012 has a roof mounted A/C they may also have gotten the optional propane heater which replaces the heat pump. If you have both a heat pump and roof A/C it is overkill for a Skylark even in FL. We've camped in Texas and Louisiana in the summer with our heat pump and we were quite comfortable even in the heat of the day.