Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #1

Skylark Leaking

Our 2011 Skylark is leaking from the A/C unit on top. We have been in a drought here in Texas until recently and got quite a bit of rain last week. We went to winterize it this week and there was water on the table that had dripped in from where the AC is mounted.

We have had so many problems with this trailer, and now this. The dealer has the absolute worst service department. Our salesman even told us to complain to the GM and Jayco.

So far it has spent more time getting fixed than we ever had a chance to use it. Yes it's under warranty, but the gas just driving it to Austin is crazy, let alone taking off the afternoon to haul it up there and back.

I did a lot of research on Jayco before we bought it, and they are supposed to be one of the best. I'm not sure I believe that now...

Just frustrated....sorry to be a debbie-downer...

TejasTerry

Tejas "Terry" & Hubster "Jack"
"Pogo" the 3 legged, Harley riding dog
"Trip" the 3 legged cat:hihi:
2011 Jeep Liberty/2011 Jayco Skylark
TejasTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry to hear of your continued issues, Tejas. Were the AC bolts loose causing it to leak or some other cause? Also are there any other Jayco dealers/ RV service center options in your area? If your dealer is doing wrong by you, calling Jayco and asking them to authorize someone else to work on it may help.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #3

Sorry to hear that Terry. We also live a distance from our dealer and had some issues. I'm glad we at least had two years to figure it all out and a dealer that dealt with all. HOWEVER, some that recently dealt with my same dealer had negative results. Hope things work out for you. Let us know what happens.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:00 PM   #4

Tejas, sorry to hear about your problems. You gotta admit that with a three legged dog and a three legged cat you must be used to being handicapped. I've had my problems with service departments that don't seem to care about doing a quality job. Certainly when your not left with much confidence in the service adviser your not surprised when the repair job is not up to par. Sometimes the repairs guys are told to fix it in a certain way and it's not there fault. I get the feeling some dealerships thrive on sales and the service department lacks. Just my experience over the years. Don't let those things get you down. We paid good money for trailers. I feel you almost have to have a game plan in dealing with this stuff. Phoning jayco can be helpful too.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #5

Sorry to hear about the problem with your TT and dealer. IMHO the dealer is the liason between the company and the purchaser. No company, including Jayco, wants or can afford unhappy customers. I'd give Jayco a call and let them know how your dealers service dept and salesperson is treating you. Tell Jayco you'd prefer not to do business with this dealers service dept and ask them if they can refer you to somebody else. Hopefully you get this resolved.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphie View Post
Tejas, sorry to hear about your problems. You gotta admit that with a three legged dog and a three legged cat you must be used to being handicapped. I've had my problems with service departments that don't seem to care about doing a quality job.
Ok thanks for the laugh, yes we are used to dealing with "special cases"...

So we dropped it off yesterday. I'm not sure where the leaking is coming from Crabman....but they said no problem, they would take care of it. We really do like the trailer, just not the service we have dealt with.

Gonna see how this works out, and then if there are continued problems with the service department, call Jayco.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Tejas T

Tejas "Terry" & Hubster "Jack"
"Pogo" the 3 legged, Harley riding dog
"Trip" the 3 legged cat:hihi:
2011 Jeep Liberty/2011 Jayco Skylark
TejasTerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTerry View Post
Ok thanks for the laugh, yes we are used to dealing with "special cases"...

So we dropped it off yesterday. I'm not sure where the leaking is coming from Crabman....but they said no problem, they would take care of it. We really do like the trailer, just not the service we have dealt with.

Gonna see how this works out, and then if there are continued problems with the service department, call Jayco.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Tejas T

The reason I mentioned the loose AC bolts is because this is a known issue which can lead to leaks around the AC unit. Here is a thread on the subject which includes quite a few members reporting loose AC bolts. Good thing is , its a simple fix, tighten up the bolts and periodically recheck them. Best of luck.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=2880
Old 12-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #8

I am going to check the bolts on my trailer before our next trip. it is covered up now, hibernating until spring.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #9

Sorry to hear about your problems. How often should one check the AC units bolts. Second, are they located on the roof, or on the inside of the trailer. Do they need to be torqued down to a specific ft/lb.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog4kneer View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems. How often should one check the AC units bolts. Second, are they located on the roof, or on the inside of the trailer. Do they need to be torqued down to a specific ft/lb.
They are located in the inside portion of the AC unit, this link will explain it all

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthread.php?t=2880