Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #1

Slide capacity?

Should I worry about the number of people (amount of weight) sitting along the slide of my 28BHBE? I am a big guy 330lbs and wondering if say I am sitting on the small couch and then you get four normal sized adults around the dinette and wife by my side, we could end up with over 1000 lbs along the slide!!!

Am I worrying too much or should I try to limit everyone on that side at once as much as possible?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkTerry View Post
Should I worry about the number of people (amount of weight) sitting along the slide of my 28BHBE? I am a big guy 330lbs and wondering if say I am sitting on the small couch and then you get four normal sized adults around the dinette and wife by my side, we could end up with over 1000 lbs along the slide!!!

Am I worrying too much or should I try to limit everyone on that side at once as much as possible?
I have the same concern, just spent a week in upstate New York with our 28BHBE. My family came up to visit and we had dinner several times. Six adults and one child, upwards of 900lb of us in the dinette did cause quite alot of extra side-to-side motion, but the slide felt solid. When we packed-up to leave I noticed that when I retracted the slide there was some slight bending of the slide wall between the dinette and couch.

I am going to use it a few more times this season and see if that persists, hopefully it was just because we had so much weight in the slide. I am thinking of slide supports since I doubt the dealer is going to rip apart the slide wall and reinforce it...
motorbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 10:05 PM   #3

My slide is 3'X12' and it's kinda just hanging out there in thin air and if I put 1,000 lbs, plus sofa and dinette weight plus what's ever in storege I would be a little concerned.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #4

I would email Jayco and ask. They are very good about responding to questions like this.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:49 AM   #5

This is a great question , is someone going to contact Jayco . Would be interesting to see what they say. Considering almost all RV's have a slide now
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies! I think I will be a bit careful and also see if me or someone here comes up with more info/data
Old 08-14-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

I had asked the same question and was told by our dealer we should be alright. He told me how much weight it can hold (I can't remember but it was a lot) and I have a 25BHS so we have a large slide out. The one thing he did stress was to NOT put any supports under the slide out and I also remember reading it in a few posts....if you do you could damage the slide out.
jrusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #8

If your really worried about you can get a brace to under the slide while you have it out.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote