Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-10-2020, 06:18 PM   #1

Slide open in driveway

Hello, have a 2019 32bhds, which takes up the whole one side of our driveway! Anyway I have searched and can’t find the answer I’m looking for. While in the driveway it’s level side to side, but cannot come close to level front to back, with the jacks down is it ok to open the slides for maintenance and preparation for trips. Thanks
Matt14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:19 AM   #2

It all depends on how out of level it is. If it’s a couple feet out of level absolutely not!! But if it’s a couple inches it’s not a problem at all . It’s hard to tell without pictures!
Sean1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1980 View Post
It all depends on how out of level it is. If it’s a couple feet out of level absolutely not!! But if it’s a couple inches it’s not a problem at all . It’s hard to tell without pictures!
Couple of feet out of level it would slide off the driveway...LOL

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Couple of feet out of level it would slide off the driveway...LOL

You obviously haven’t camped in southern Indiana at some of the State parks!! I’ve seen people do some dumb stuff.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #5

This is it as it sits, I can probably get the front up 6 inches.hope the picture works, first time posting a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
B0BC31FF-E243-487E-93CC-9B4303199CD4.jpeg  
Old 08-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt14 View Post
This is it as it sits, I can probably get the front up 6 inches.hope the picture works, first time posting a pic.

Do you have xchocks? Can you put a few 2x12s under the jack? You can do a few things to help get your tongue up a bit higher. I know it looks silly but here in southern Indiana some of the State Park Campgrounds. I’ve seen people put a bunch of lumber under the front of their campers to level them up!! But xchocks will definitely help secure the tires
Old 08-12-2020, 03:54 PM   #7

I have a chock under the front of each tire, The big problem I have is when I back into the driveway, the back tires of truck are still on the road which puts the hitch on a downward angle. I have the thickest block I can fit while trying to unhook. I’ll try and get a pic of that fiasco next week!! Lol
Basically just want to know if it’s ok to open the slides like this(for short time) to load for a trip
Old 08-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #8

Quote:
I have a chock under the front of each tire, The big problem I have is when I back into the driveway, the back tires of truck are still on the road which puts the hitch on a downward angle. I have the thickest block I can fit while trying to unhook. I’ll try and get a pic of that fiasco next week!! Lol
Basically just want to know if it’s ok to open the slides like this(for short time) to load for a trip

Honestly just watch them when you put them out. You can tell if they bind up. Or maybe don’t run them all the way out
Old 08-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #9
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Just add a few more blocks to the front to level it. Problem solved.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide