Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #1

Slide out awning question

I just picked up my new 330RLTS this past Friday and 2 of the 3 slide out awnings after the rain got to pool up with water.I tried to find booklet on awnings to see how I can adjust the tension so the pitch is a little more to stop the water from collecting,any input would be appreciated
novaplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #2

I have two slide outs on my 31 BHDS with slide awnings and use the cheap blowup beach balls between the slide awning and the top of the slide. Keeps the awning from pooling water in a rain storm. Just don't forget to take them out before retracting the slide. Works for me.....
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #3

We don't even worry about the water pooling on the slide covers. When closing the slide I look for water and then slowly close the slide about 12 inches at a time. The water will then run off the sides and by half way I can close the slide completely without worrying.

Don't close quickly with water pooled on the topper or you may wrinkle the material.

Tracking campgrounds with Ultimate Campground Log
dalenoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #4

I also recently purchased a 330 rlts and all my slides have awnings too. My past practices from my previous camper was to let the rain just pool up and when they got enough water on them they will dump, I promise. After the rain stops I always run my slides in to dump the water thats left. I went through the same that your thinking at first to the point that I actually tightened my slide awnings on my previous camper but it never helped. So you just get use to water acumilating on your slide toppers, it does not hurt a thing.