Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #1

Thumbs up Slide out Problems Fixed

Picked up my 2010 Eagle 322FKS Saturday with new slide motors and drive assembly. Used the unit this week end and no problems, slide motors sound so much different than the old ones. Jayco knows there is an issue with the gears in the drive assembly for the slides. IF your unit is under warranty Jayco will repair it. I did find out that if the slides are extended, shut off the batteries, and disconnect the shore power, no power to the RV then have 2 or 3 people push the slide out in! For this to work, no power of any kind to the RV: the slide out motors have an electric brake.

Otherwise, remove the access panel under the trailer (door side) and insert the crank handle into the motor drive unit, and crank away, again with power off.

Hope my slides are fixed for good.
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:48 AM   #2

Was there another post that talked about the issues you were having? Will Jayco replace the motors if they aren't showing any issues?
TexasA&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #3

I had to push mine in twice. Hope they have a better designed unit now. This is getting old and the 5er is only 6 months old.
lowfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #4

Smile Slide motors

I don't know if Jayco will just replace them without an issue. Not all slide motors are bad, just a batch of about 250 I was told.

There have been several posts on slide motor issues on different Jayco models.

At least Jayco has stayed in business through all the ups and downs of the RV industry. How about owning a $250,000.00 motor home from a manufacturer out of business, or a wall delamination problem on a Fleetwood Travel Trailer?

Having an excellent dealer will help fix the issues!
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote