Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2018, 05:07 AM   #1

Slide out won’t fully retract

We bought a new 2018 32TSBH back in February. We have been in and out of it several times to show our friends with no problems. We are finally getting ready to use it this upcoming weekend so I moved it on the driveway to start putting some of our things in it. When we were finished I attempted to retract all the slides. 2 worked perfectly. The one with the outside kitchen came about 2/3 of the way in and stopped. I extended the slide and tried again. The motor seems to be working really hard and now comes in even less. I looked in the camper and under the slide out. I can’t see anything that would be hindering it from coming in. I have an enclosed underbelly so I can’t see any motors... Please help. Where do I even begin to look. The owners manual is pointless.
Old 05-06-2018, 05:51 AM   #2

Fam,

This is a common issue. Rather than go into a lengthy explanation, try this YouTube link. Let us know if this helps, ok?

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #3

I tried what the video said but that did not work. I can only get the slide to come in a couple inches and then the motor stops. The motor is really working hard to move just those few inches. All the other slides work fine, so it has enough power. It has to be with just that slide. Any other ideas?
Old 05-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #4

Did you move it with the slides extended?? Is the slide a Schwintek drive?
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:29 PM   #5

I did not move it with the slides extended. I have no idea what kind of slide it is. My owners manual talks about several different kinds of slides but. Ever tells mywhat I have.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #6

I would call the dealer and ask service how are they going to fix it since it can't be moved like that.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #7

You are going to have to figure which type of slide mechanism you have and then do some troubleshooting. All slides have the ability to be closed manually.it must be bound up somewhere, it sounds like the motors feel that the slide is closed, slides that have Schwintek controls are recognizable by the dual tracks that are on the side wall of the slide, one lower and one upper on each side, you can see by the flashing light on the controllers what the possible fault is, once you figure out where the controllers are. Jayco customer service can tell you where the controllers are located.
Gord60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #8

Ok. I do not have tracks on the sides. I have tracks underneath the slide. I’m going to call the dealer I bought it from tomorrow and hopefully they can explain exactly what I need to do. Thanks for all the help. I will update when I get answers.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:30 PM   #9
Site Team

Schwintec slides were not in use by Jayco in 2004. It had to be the thru frame type, the LCI website may help also.

https://www.lci1.com/through-frame-slideout
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #10

Ok, here are the details on how our camper got fixed. Monday morning I called our dealer and got their advice. I tried their options all unsuccessfully. So I called Jayco directly and they authorized a service call to my house. They sent a tech here and got the slide retracted. I then took the camper to the dealer and they fixed the camper. They ended up replacing the actuator and the gear pack which had 2 missing teeth. All work was under warranty since it is a brand new camper. We just got home from our maiden voyage. We LOVE our new camper! The rain held off for most of Saturday but rained all of Sunday as we packed up and drove home. When we got home, we noticed a little water on the floor. Could that be from sliding the slides in while it was raining? I did broom off the tops before we brought them in.
Old 05-13-2018, 12:30 PM   #11

Awesome! Glad that it all worked out!

Happy trails!

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by familybonding View Post
The rain held off for most of Saturday but rained all of Sunday as we packed up and drove home. When we got home, we noticed a little water on the floor. Could that be from sliding the slides in while it was raining? I did broom off the tops before we brought them in.
Yes, no worry. No matter how hard you sweep or even wipe it off, it it's wet some will find its way down to the floor. If you have access to the slide when in just put a folded towel there until you get home.

I hate setting up and breaking down in the rain but sometimes it can't be avoided.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote