Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #1

Question Slide Sag

I have a 32BHDS. When the front slide goes out it sags in the middle. This puts a strain on the small wall which is the back of the forward dinette seat. The wall comes out of its L-shaped guide brackets and the staple/nails which secure it to the seat base are coming out also.

Has anyone else had this problem?
What did you do to fix it?

I will try to post some pictures later.

Thanks,
Joe
floodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:09 PM   #2

This photo shows the dinette with the slide fully open. The little wall is sitting in the bracket, like it is supposed too. But notice the 1x2 board on the floor, the little wall is not connected. All the nails have been pulled out. (Sorry, the photo is on its side)
Attached Thumbnails
20160813_214507.jpg  
Old 08-13-2016, 11:14 PM   #3

Here are two photos with the slide closed. With the little wall now out of alignment when the slide is extended it will not go back into the L-bracket guides. (Sorry they are sideways again, I am not sure how to fix that--yet)
Attached Thumbnails
20160813_214621.jpg   20160813_214624.jpg  
Old 08-14-2016, 06:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodj View Post
I have a 32BHDS. When the front slide goes out it sags in the middle. This puts a strain on the small wall which is the back of the forward dinette seat. The wall comes out of its L-shaped guide brackets and the staple/nails which secure it to the seat base are coming out also.

Has anyone else had this problem?

What did you do to fix it?

I will try to post some pictures later.

Thanks,

Joe

I too have the 32BHDS.

I too have noticed something fishy with that wall... Wasn't really able to put my finger in the issue though. My bracket hasn't pulled out as bad as your pics, but I have noticed some looseness.

Honestly a 14 foot super slide is a miracle that it works as good as it does. There's nothing you could do to supper that wall any better without extreme measures.

Maybe if these super slides had 3 rails it would be better?

Get up close the roof while the slide is our. Make sure the eterna-bond tape is still good along the outside and inside edges of the slide out roof. If any water gets down into that slide wall, sagging would be an early indicator.

My slide roofs still "knock" solid when I rap them with my knuckles. The day I don't hear a "knock" but rather a soggy "thud" will be a sad day.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
32bhds