Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #1

Slide tilts inward when fully extended

We have a 2015 Jayco Eagle 306RKDS. There is a wardrobe slide that is fairly small. We had slide toppers installed & dealer says the slide topper tension is causing it to tip in & not much can be done. Does this seem reasonable? Slides are new to us.
rwells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

My guess is the slide topper won't unroll enough for the slide to deploy. I would take it back to the dealer and have them unscrew it from the slide and see if it will pull out past the slide. Could be a mess up from the slide topper factory.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #3

It's quite common on Jayco's with wardrobe slides to have them tipped in at the top. Your dealer is blowing smoke saying it's your slideout cover. My 33RLDS did it before the covers were installed and still does it.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy W. View Post
It's quite common on Jayco's with wardrobe slides to have them tipped in at the top. Your dealer is blowing smoke saying it's your slideout cover.
X-2 The bedroom slide on the PINNACLE 38 FLSA does the same thing, but the gasket is tight on the inside when out and tight outside when in.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #5

Are these wardrobe slides at least tipping AWAY from the camper?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #6

No....tipped in at the top.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy W. View Post
It's quite common on Jayco's with wardrobe slides to have them tipped in at the top. Your dealer is blowing smoke saying it's your slideout cover. My 33RLDS did it before the covers were installed and still does it.
Our 33RLDS wardrobe slide does not appear level either. Its always looked like that. When its out, does your sliding door sit flush with the slide face? As it no light visible between the crack?
2016 CTS 4 2.0T
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0
2015 Chrysler 200C AWD
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #8

my kitchen slide tilts inward at the top as well. it is about a 2' slide. seems odd but everything is tight inside when open and closes tight as well
Old 07-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #9

We just purchased a 34RSBS and two of the slides appear to tilt inward at the top. Here's is what I found:

1. When fully extended the slide measured about 2" closer at the top than at the bottom

2. I then measured from a window ( top and bottom) frame on the slide and verified that the wall actually slopes to the inside. I believe that this is by design.

3. I placed a level on the top of the slide and found that it was in fact level.

The third slide is not built this way but, it has a different actuator to extend and retract it than the others. The first two are only attached to actuators at the bottom and, I believe, the inward slope allows the top to contact the trailer slide first. This would be to insure a good tight seal at the top when retracted. If you watch when retracting I think you will see the slide floor rise when the bottom is seating against the trailer. My third slide has cable actuators that I'm pretty sure apply pressure at the top and bottom when retracted and this doesn't necessitate an inward slope at the top.

But then again, i could way off base!!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #10

Wink Two questions, two pieces of info

We just brought our 306RKDS Eagle home last week. We found that the wardrobe slide was loose and sent a video to our saleman at 9:30 at night. He said that was NOT right and talked to his service manager. There is an adjustment that needs to happen that sometimes isn't apparent until after the trailer has been on a few trips. We didn't need to take it in, however, because my engineer husband and another friend who is an engineer found the loose piece below the slide and were able to put it back in place and level it. I am not recommending people do this on their own and I don't have any more information than that (I am a dietitian not an engineer) but it seemed to be an easy fix. No tools and less then 10 min to diagnose and fix. So if you are just living with it, you don't have to.

As for the topper on the wardrobe of the 306RKDS, we were told that the toppers won't work because there is only one slide mechanism under the slide, not two. That means that the slide will wobble on the one rail until it opens and locks which would effectively jam up a topper. Think of a roll of wrapping paper; if you only pull on one corner it will stick and be harder to pull off the paper.

With that explanation, though, we decided not to get the slide topper for the bigger slide since we will have to crawl up there each and every time we close it to sweep off the small slide anyway. Easy decision.
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:52 PM   #11

Just a word of warning. Be careful when you do a DIY repair on a slide topper. There's a lot of spring tension involved. I met a guy at a campground who lost an eye when working on a slide topper.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote