Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #1

Slide Topper 27RB

We are want to put a Slide Topper on our 27RB. Is the slide out factor prepped for easier install?

If you installed a topper, what did you find most difficult part?
Madison0422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:35 AM   #2

I did mine relatively easy. Just follow instructions and YouTube can help. Hardest part is trying to do it by yourself. Have someone help put into brackets. Unless it's a real short one. You'll need a roll of rv tape seal for under brackets and track for receiving awning.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 09:22 PM   #3

Although it's not the same model as yours, 2 of my teenage grandsons helped me install a Solera 11' slide topper awning on my 237RBS last week. Wasn't that hard, but you need more than one person to install the slide topper rail/track and the slide topper awning unit, unless you don't have that wide of a slideout. And, with 3 of us and 3 ladders, it was just that much easier. Only needed one person to install the 2 brackets onto the slideout. Took us a little over 2 hours to do everything, but we were very careful and took our time and measured and re-measured everything.

I watched several YouTube and eTrailer videos and read the online reviews and installation instructions and learned what to do (and what not to do) before even ordering the correct size for my slideout.

My 237RBS was not factory prepped for the Solera slide topper awning, and in fact the factory installed "U" shaped gutter for the slideout that is installed on the side of the camper about 3" above the slideout was the biggest problem. It sits right about where you need to install the slide topper rail/track. But, after we held the slide topper in position and I took some careful measurements before installing it, I found that I could install the slide topper rail just below the factory installed slideout gutter and get the right amount of slope and clearances required to the fabric. You want to make sure you have the slide topper awning sloped down away from the side of the camper. There were several good reasons why I chose not to remove that factory installed slideout gutter.

You can install a slide topper awning yourself (with a little help) rather easily and save yourself some money along with not having to wait for the dealer to schedule you in.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:15 PM   #4

All of the above did it also two person job.
Attleboro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison0422 View Post
We are want to put a Slide Topper on our 27RB. Is the slide out factor prepped for easier install?

If you installed a topper, what did you find most difficult part?
Looks like you got some good replies here. Welcome to the JOF from SW Michigan. Happy camping!
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:40 PM   #6

Our 2022 27RB is prepped for topper I will just buy one and install
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 01:54 PM   #7

Going to put ours on this weekend 2022 27RB
Jayco 330RSTS Gone
Jayco G2 bunkhouse Gone
herewego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:27 AM   #8

You didn't mention the year of your 27RB. My 2021 Whitehawk 27RB came prepped for a Solera slide topper. Look right above the slider. You should see a long black rail and a Solera slide topper prep sticker.

Even if it's not prepped, the Solera slide topper comes with the same rail. The only difference is you would need to install the rail, which is not too difficult.

It is a two-person job just as the others have said. There are several good YouTube videos on the installation. It's not that difficult.

Be certain to carefully measure before you order. For the 2021 Whitehawk 27RB it required a 13'6" Solera Black Slide Topper Awning. Be sure to measure correctly, if you have any questions, contact Solera, they are very helpful and will answer any questions you have.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:13 PM   #9

For those that have installed the Solera slide topper on a 21 or 22 white hawk 27RB, have you had any issues with water pooling on the slide topper in heavy rain? I know it is a long slide and there does not seem to be much slope from the rail to above the upper slide flange. I have been reading that pooling is sometimes a problem. Thanks for any feedback.
Sdespain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #10

Some water will indeed pool on the top of a Solera slide topper on a 21 or 22 White Hawk 27RB. That said, it doesn't present much of a problem. It still does its job of protecting the slide. The water will mostly eventually roll off and what remains then usually evaporates. The water actually helps dampen any fluttering of the topper in high winds.

I used my Solera slide topper on a 21 White Hawk 27RB for four months in Florida where severe thunderstorms with drenching rains are common. Even with some pooling on top, it did a great job and I have no complaints. Without the slide topper, I used to get some water ingress on my slide, with the topper no water came in at all.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
27rb, slide topper installation