Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #21

I emailed Jayco this weekend about our ALUMINUM Sided 28BHBE, explaining that the Jayco dealer said "no problem, we will install it for you" and received this...

"Awning toppers are not an option on this model so there will not be backing in the wall construction to attach the topper too."

In a prior email about this same thing they said only a Jayco Authorized dealer could install one, and they would not provide me drawings, after I explained whether it was the Dealer or Myself installing it I would like to know what was back there, they then sent me the drawings, which I appreciated, albeit not the right one for my slide.

I am sure there is not true backing in there for Slide Toppers but enough and along with the right sealant should be enough as there is minimal stress on the topper. With that said why would they NOT put an extra piece of wood across the top for this, I still believe the people who design these campers don't actually use them.

SouthCo... Like you I am torn as well. Is your 28BHBE going to be Aluminum Side or Fiberglass. If it is fiberglass I would not worry about it and get ahold of BigJohnD here on the JOF, he installed one to his FGS 28BHBE.

If I do it I will install it myself... I am going to poke around that area of the Slide before making a final decision.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAE View Post
When we camp locally, we usually camp at Mistletoe State Park in Ga. on Clark Hill lake. But the photo was taken on the South Carolina side of the lake at Modoc C.O.E. camp ground.
Thanks for the info on Mistletoe SP and Modoc C.O.E. ... we will definitely put that on our next to visit GA State Park list.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:59 PM   #23

We just ordered our 2019 29RLDS! Do you know the width of the slides? I can't find it anywhere and trying to research toppers.

Thanks,
AJ
medic149 is offline   Reply With Quote