Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #1

Slideout help!

Hey everyone. Getting ready to head out on a trip and had my rear slideout out to load. We put it in, then remembered something else so I tried to put it back out and....nothing! No indication of anything happening. Help!!!!
I have a 2019 Jayco Jayflight 36’ Rocky Mountain Edition.
laweinmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:04 PM   #2

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Slideout help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laweinmeister View Post
Hey everyone. Getting ready to head out on a trip and had my rear slideout out to load. We put it in, then remembered something else so I tried to put it back out and....nothing! No indication of anything happening. Help!!!!

It’s a 12v slide. What about the other slide if you have another? Either a fuse, cell in main battery failure(lo voltage), converter issue, or as my 13’ kitchen slide went dead(Other slides worked), i pulled the switch control panel and wiggled the kitchen slide switch wire connectors and tested with panel still out. Voila. Reinstall, luckily still worked. Hope you’re not stranded too long. Oh I also checked the slide sync modules in basement for any LED error codes. NONE.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Had some slideout issues myself before. If you suspect a battery issue, best to use shore power when running slides. If the switch isn't working, check for severed wires. I had to find the controller board (hidden in basement) and look at blinking error codes to determine there was a short. I ended up splicing back wires and it worked again. Poor design I suppose. Good Luck
Old 12-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
It’s a 12v slide. What about the other slide if you have another? Either a fuse, cell in main battery failure(lo voltage), converter issue, or as my 13’ kitchen slide went dead(Other slides worked), i pulled the switch control panel and wiggled the kitchen slide switch wire connectors and tested with panel still out. Voila. Reinstall, luckily still worked. Hope you’re not stranded too long. Oh I also checked the slide sync modules in basement for any LED error codes. NONE.
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, nothing is working.
laweinmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, nothing is working.
What do you mean nothing? Are you on shore power? Do you have a battery disconnect switch?
Old 12-19-2019, 04:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
What do you mean nothing? Are you on shore power? Do you have a battery disconnect switch?
I'm a bit perplexed with that "nothing working" response. Look at the issue logically and step through it piece by piece.

* Switch on panel connected to wire routed to slide controller board.
* Board provided 12 volt power but also works off DC when using shore power.
* Breaker box controls power to everything.
* Wires run from controller board to slide motors.

That's it.

You'll have to do some trial and error to see where you land. For example, if you suspect there's a problem with the 12v battery, see if anything else works on 12v - like the lights or the radio. When my battery dipped down, the radio decided to reboot itself (off/on/off/on). If you have a control panel, it'll probably give you the voltage. A charged up battery will show OVER 12v. A low battery could look something like 9v.

If you're plugged into shore power, it'll charge the battery. If the battery is low it could take some time to charge - assuming it's ok to begin with. I suppose you could put a multi meter on it to check too. visually inspect everything. look for disconnected things. sometimes wires wiggle loose - like the connections to the controller board. this is a rolling, bouncing box at the end of the day.

If there's a battery disconnect switch, make sure it's ON so you have power in the first place. the battery connection may have an inline reset switch. You may need to check a breaker on the power box. If a wire is cut, you may have to reconnect it. typically this requires wear to happen (lots of rubbing).

Slides run off motors. If a motor is "stuck" open (or closed), you can still manually move it. some slides allow you to use a wrench to turn a gear and slide it back in. some require you physically disconnect the motor from the gear. It might provide some insight if you told us what kind of slides you have. My rig uses both Schwinteck and the older slide.

If all that's not helpful you can defer to the owners manual. There should be a hotline you can call for these type issues. One thing I'm learning as a camper owner is you have to learn to be handy at times and it's not always convenient. Good Luck
Old 12-19-2019, 04:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Also, what kind of slide mech is it? Do you have more than 1 slide if so do they work? Have you checked the fuse? Do any other 12v devices work (fan, lights, radio...)?

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #8

You could have an in-line type fuse. Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails
Inline Fuse.jpg  

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout