Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-09-2021, 07:30 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tileguy View Post
I would be very cautious about that. The molding on the vertical corner seam and the paneling looks like just regular paneling, and the wallpaper looks like regular wallpaper that is made to the luan paneling. The optional surround panels where probably an acrylic material for the stand up shower option. To me it looks like you have a bathtub that someone added a standup shower wand to.
The "someone" is the Jayco factory. That is the way the units are delivered. And no its not an option. The wand and faucet controls that allow the wand to be used are standard.

The "wallpaper" is waterproof. I would think that by this time I would have black mold from use if it were not waterproof and I don't believe Jayco would want lawsuits from black mold caused by improper wall installation.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:28 AM   #22

I've looked at more of the 195rb trailers and see that is how they all come from the factory. Thank you kim for correcting me. Iam in the shower business and have seen many shower failures so not seeing the standard thin acrylic wall material made me to be cautious for the OP. Again seriously thanks for correcting me I would not have thought it to be a finished shower.
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 10:33 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tileguy View Post
I've looked at more of the 195rb trailers and see that is how they all come from the factory. Thank you kim for correcting me. Iam in the shower business and have seen many shower failures so not seeing the standard thin acrylic wall material made me to be cautious for the OP. Again seriously thanks for correcting me I would not have thought it to be a finished shower.
Sometimes it is really hard to evaluate trailers unless you have one at hand. Another thread had me guessing about a pass through on the 174 dimensions. I figured since it was so similar to mine it would be similarly sized. Not!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:01 PM   #24

Well, When I heard that the enclosure was an option, and the Jayco guy told me that it was recommended that one squeegee the walls after every shower, I decided to go for it and get an enclosure so that I would not worry. Turns out, from what I am hearing here, I did not have to. Oh well. I like the way it looks anyway...
Enclosure was $300 CAD, took me an afternoon.
Here are some photos of during:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1364.jpg   IMG_1365.jpg   IMG_1359.jpg   IMG_1360.jpg  
Demann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:05 PM   #25

There were actually some pretty big gaps once I removed the corner strips (which did not have any sealant). Here is the rest of the install:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1368.jpg   IMG_1369.jpg   IMG_1373.jpg   IMG_1374.jpg   IMG_1370.jpg  

Old 02-02-2021, 09:06 PM   #26

I do love the way it looks and feels. Definitely worth it. I also like the fact that it has a soap shelf...
Old 02-02-2021, 09:42 PM   #27

I did wonder why they made the tub so high. It sits about a foot off the ground. Once you get in to have a shower, you don't have that much room left.
Old 02-02-2021, 09:53 PM   #28

Its sits high to accomadate the drain and p trap to be above waste tank
tileguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:08 PM   #29

Ah yes, the p-trap. Makes sense. thanks.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:46 PM   #30

Shower kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demann View Post
There were actually some pretty big gaps once I removed the corner strips (which did not have any sealant). Here is the rest of the install:
Was this an aftermarket kit or from Jayco ?? I think the trailer dealers sell a one piece as aposed to 3 panel with corner seal ?? Just wondered what you used ?
SAMM Kinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:33 PM   #31

This was a one-piece. Made by Lippert. It came a little too tall, and I had to cut it. I think there is one that fits better. Also by Lippert, no tile look. Just smooth.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM Kinder View Post
Was this an aftermarket kit or from Jayco ?? I think the trailer dealers sell a one piece as aposed to 3 panel with corner seal ?? Just wondered what you used ?
Sorry, the comment you are referring to is about before I put in the surround.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:44 AM   #33

Nice!

Quote:
I do love the way it looks and feels. Definitely worth it. I also like the fact that it has a soap shelf...
Nice job! looks just like the factory did it. A surround is considered an option for a lot of TTs. I specifically wanted a unit with the surround. Don't like the idea of water on the walls and all the seams involved. Walls in TTs do move, flex and separate, it can't be avoided. Why not seal the area up with a surround? I also caulked the top and bottom where they meet the floor plan and wall with flex silicone. Im going for zero water ever getting between wall and surround.
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:18 PM   #34

Quote:
I did wonder why they made the tub so high. It sits about a foot off the ground. Once you get in to have a shower, you don't have that much room left.
Yeah, I remember my head being in the vent area when standing upright.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 07:28 AM   #35

Demand, I'm with you. Looking at your pics I can't see why it didn't leak!!!
Great job, now no more worries. They have outer corner shields that help water from escaping past the shower curtain. I'd look into that next.
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote