Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #1

small problems in newer 26BH

We took our 26BH out this weekend for our 5th trip. We really haven't had any problems with our new TT but this trip was an exception. First, the DW started to take a shower Saturday morning and one of the plastic knobs in the shower broke in half trying to turn on the water. I tried to swap a knob off of the outside shower but the knob splines were different. I wound up running into town and getting a two pack of knobs at Wal Mart for $9...easy fix and I saved one of the old knobs as a back up. The second issue I noticed was a bad sewer-like smell under the vanity sink. I could not determine the source of the smell but assume it is the black tank. Finally, the top drawer near the sink refuses to lock on place sometimes or close flush. I noticed Jayco used two pieces of plywood as horizontal support for the drawer but there is no vertical support....I may have to do some modification to the drawer bracing to fix this one. These minor issues didn't take away from an otherwise great weekend in the Jayco...now only if it wouldn't rain on our trips as we are 5/5 on rainy trips!!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #2

small problems in newer 26BH

We have a 2012 29qbh bought in May last year. Had the same problem with the shower knobs. I thought the same as you about switching with the outside shower. I wondered about the logic behind two sets of knobs splined differently. But anyway 10 dollar fix and the DW is happy. And when mommas not happy aint nobody happy.
Ed1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #3

If that vanity is resting over the black tank you want to be sure you don't have a leak or some type of opening that is causing the problem. Aside from the odor, it could become a health problem. Let us know what you learn.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Site Team

I have the same odor and if you look in back of the vanities "P" trap you will see there is a pipe with a vent cap on it. That is where your smell is originating from. On all jayco's... more than likely ALL TT's. The odor is present when i turn the ceiling fan on.. and windows are closed.
Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
I have the same odor and if you look in back of the vanities "P" trap you will see there is a pipe with a vent cap on it. That is where your smell is originating from. On all jayco's... more than likely ALL TT's. The odor is present when i turn the ceiling fan on.. and windows are closed.
Don
Thank you for pointing out the fan scenario - my DW called me while I was on a beer run and said the odor was terrible... looking back, the fan was on and I had forgotten to open the outside vent for the kitchen on that trip (we haven't used the stove or oven yet so didn't think to open it). It had bugged me to no end hunting for the origination of the odor. When I found the vent cap, it still hadn't occurred to me that we were "sucking" the odor into the camper. - love this site for the great information it provides.
oceanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #6

My knobs broke on our new Eagle, why do they use these crappy ones, pisses me off!