Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Smooth PDI on 2017 24RBS

Had my PDI on our new 2017 24RBS today. Trailer was in great shape. Good build quality and only 1 minor issue. Had a wire hanging low in the underbelly. Just added a couple wire ties.
I was really impressed with the trailer and build quality. I wasn't aware I had an electric and gas hot water tank or a black tank flush, so those were nice surprises.
Unfortunately when we opened the box to install my WHD, UPS had dropped the box and lost a part out of it. The vendor is shipping the part and will go back to retrieve trailer on Thursday.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
wwt

Congrats on the new camper. We're starting our second year with our 24rbs and we really enjoy it.
I just put on new tires that are load range D because I think the tires that came on it were under rated. Just my over cautious opinion.
Did you get any options on it?
wwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:18 PM   #3

Congrats on the trailer. We love ours. Check all your water connections carefully. We had two waterleaks our first weekend out, one was a shutoff valve going to the hot water tank and the second was the cold water supply to the outside sink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
doo800XRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
wwt

Yep, check all water connections that you can find. We went through PDI and they assured us they filled water tank and checked for leaks. First time I filled the water tank I found water dripping from under the trailer. Took back to dealer and they cut the underwrap to fix a connection at the water tank.
wwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwt View Post
Congrats on the new camper. We're starting our second year with our 24rbs and we really enjoy it.
I just put on new tires that are load range D because I think the tires that came on it were under rated. Just my over cautious opinion.
Did you get any options on it?
Thanks. I got the elite package. Seems to have all the bells and whistles except insulated underbelly and TV's.
I really like the height of the suspension too. Much better than our old 165 Sport.
First new camper I've purchased and they have a lot of new design features.

Best regards,
Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doo800XRS View Post
Congrats on the trailer. We love ours. Check all your water connections carefully. We had two waterleaks our first weekend out, one was a shutoff valve going to the hot water tank and the second was the cold water supply to the outside sink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwt View Post
Yep, check all water connections that you can find. We went through PDI and they assured us they filled water tank and checked for leaks. First time I filled the water tank I found water dripping from under the trailer. Took back to dealer and they cut the underwrap to fix a connection at the water tank.
I'll third this. We brought our 24RBS home Friday. We were also told all was checked. There was even water running out of the fresh water tank drain valves when we got there. I hooked up water on Saturday. On Sunday afternoon, my wife comes running saying she needs help and I walk into the trailer to find a puddle on the floor. Turns out both lines leading to the outside kitchen were leaking. They were running down the hose and dripping on the floor, which was then running under the interior wall into the middle of the floor.

To be honest, I am not overly impressed with the build quality but I will also admit that I am hyper critical of things. I often wish this was a quality that I was without as it would make it much easier to enjoy things in life. It's not awful by any means but there are so many things that I look at and just think.... if someone would have only taken a second longer or cared a tiny bit more about their work. The TV being mounted crooked drives me nuts and I will have to fix it. Anyway....

We love the layout and look forward to using it. I've already switched out the t-stat for a digital one. Added a support in the middle of the bed and a 3" Serta memory foam topper. I have other things planned as well.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #7

Big Congrats on the new trailer, hope you get alot of good use out of it!
If you ever want to kayak & camp in the area let me know!

I also had water leak from my outdoor kitchen where they hooked to the sink. Water went on the inside of the trailer. Just had to reach behind there and tighten up by hand. Next time I went camping same thing, when I checked the water hoses to outside sink they were loose again...I will check those hoses everytime I use them. It may be that they jiggle loose the more you drive?

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakterp View Post
Big Congrats on the new trailer, hope you get alot of good use out of it!
If you ever want to kayak & camp in the area let me know!

I also had water leak from my outdoor kitchen where they hooked to the sink. Water went on the inside of the trailer. Just had to reach behind there and tighten up by hand. Next time I went camping same thing, when I checked the water hoses to outside sink they were loose again...I will check those hoses everytime I use them. It may be that they jiggle loose the more you drive?
I'm counting on them leaking again too. I was thinking about installing shut off valves on those two lines. I also want a faucet that is usable. Maybe swap it out for a fold down type.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:16 PM   #9

Nice Doug..congratulations!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote