Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #1

So pleased with Jayco customer service. RE: Warranty issues

I can't say enough good things about Jayco! Camping World... not so much but Jayco, YES!!! We just purchased our Jayflight in October. One of the selling points was the warranty. As first time owners, we just wanted the piece of mind that if things broke we did not have to worry about it. Because we know they will and its all party of the deal. We get that!

We literally took 2 trips when one of our slides quit working. We called Camping World to set up service and were told they could not see it for over a month! So we cancelled 2 of our camping trips we had been looking forward to and figured this is just part of the joys of ownership. Dropped it off on the scheduled appointment and week later they have not even diagnosed and we are advise it will be likely another 6 weeks AT BEST. We have been so upset and turned off by the whole process when I started digging around on here for ideas and realized I should call Jayco. Did that yesterday and they have referred us to 2 locations that will have us fixed up within a week or so. Very thankful to Deb with the Jayco customer service department. She has been SO helpful and understanding with our frustrations. So excited we can plan an early Feb camping trip afterall and we will be Spring Breaking at camp too.
Happyiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry your slide gave you problems, but glad Jayco is helping to resolve that. Like you, we selected Jayco in part because of the 2 yr warranty. We've had no serious issues, but were fortunate that our dealer has been great in resolving the few we had.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:08 PM   #3

That's been our experience also (not the Camping World part, seldom stop there) and the same with our dealer. We're lucky to be about 15 miles from them and they too have been great. Was strange picking our 5er up from them and being told they found other things and just fixed them too. Who does that?

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Jayco! Glad to hear that Jayco was so helpful.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #5

We purchased our 28DSBH new from our home town dealer and cannot say enough good things about both the dealer and Jayco. Our first issue was a small hairline crack in the kitchen sink which was replaced ASAP by the dealer under warranty. The second issue came as a surprise that our suspension bushings were worn only after 1 season of use. I had them repaired at an independent but Jayco certified shop who advised that I should attempt to have it covered under warranty. I contacted Jayco directly and after submitting my paid receipt they covered it in full. The last issue I had, did not fall under the 2 year warranty as I was 3 months past. The front cap had faded very badly and despite much polishing and elbow grease it would look faded after a few weeks. I contacted the dealer and they took pics and estimated the cost of repairs and shortly after submitting it to Jayco they got approval to have it repainted over the winter. I could not be more pleased with Jayco and our dealer. Two thumbs up!!!
Old 01-21-2017, 08:08 PM   #6

Jayco is great. Too bad you had a subpar dealer though. We used Keystone Mega RV Center in Greencastle PA and got a great dealer of a great product. We had some issues after 18 months of ownership (fridge condensate line leaking inside and damaged cabinets, improperly supported tub leaked, some debris under the floor, etc). We were planning to wait until winter to get everything fixed, but the leaking tub soaked our insulation. We took the RV to our dealer in between trips (2 weeks apart) and told them all the issues, told them our deadline, and asked that they at least get out the wet insulation (we told them we don't mind coming back in the winter for everything else).

2 weeks later EVERYTHING was fixed and ready for us to pickup and keep on camping. Glad that Jayco offered the 2 year warranty, as those issues all appeared after the first year of ownership. Super happy with Keystone Mega RV for quick turn around too.

My next camper will likely be a Jayco and will definitely be bought at Keystone Mega RV.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #7

We have a slow but trustworthy dealer, and we, too, chose Jayco partly because of the warranty. We've only had minor issues so far, but they've all been fixed well.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote