Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #1

Soft floors

I have posted about this before, but I'm making sure this sounds right!
In the process of buying a 2013 Whitehawk 27DSRL with the polar package. After some research a few months back I read about the concern of soft floors. I just spoke with the individual I am buying it from and he said yes it has soft floors that he cannot tell unless he walks on it without shoes. He said it is plywood/ foam insulation/ plywood then the linoleum. The softness comes from the foam insulation, it is not a structural issue.
Please help on giving me some insight on this.
Thank you!
Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #2

From what I have read here on the Forum the " plywood" is simply very thin luan either 1/8 or 1/4 inch. I would be very cautious as I think repairs to this condition can be very expensive/ I would consider the floor a structural item but I am not an enginner.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #3

There has been some issues with the laminated floors. I would do more research here before proceeding, it can be costly to repair. I would search for soft floors.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:40 PM   #4

Hopefully some Whitehawk owners will pop in to help you out.
I have heard of a few posts about Whitehawks and soft floors, but it is unclear to me if this "just how they are" or if there is an actual problem. It sees unlikely to be caused by something like water damage as the trailer would almost have to have been flooded or something and I would think that kind of damage would be very obvious.
I guess I would be inclined to go find a dealer and walk through a few Whitehawks, if the floors feel about the same as the one you are buying, then it most like is just the way they are.

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:51 AM   #5

I own a 2013 Whitehawk 30DSRE that also has the soft floor area near the kitchen sink area. Been there since day one when I brought new. I did have it looked at by the dealer I purchased from and they supposedly put some bracing under it but I could never tell the difference . We have probably 200+ days/nights using the camper and over 20K miles. Knowing my TT and researching the problem, I'm not very concerned and while the soft floor area is there, its not gotten any worse over the years. Knowing what I know, the soft floor issue would not stop me from buying although I might use it to negotiate a better price. Just my 2 cents.
BF&W Nisa and Sophie the Chewinnie
2017 Ford F-150, 3.5 Ecoboost, Max Tow
2013 White Hawk 30DSRE
Bstar1952 is offline   Reply With Quote