Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #1

Solid deal?

Earlier today I contacted a semi-nearby RV dealership in regards to a White Hawk 28DSBH, the dealer responded to my email promptly and informed me with the few options I want, specifically the underbelly packaging, the unit will be $25,950 plus taxes and title work. That seems like an insanely good deal, right or is it? haha
All that is needed is $500 down to order the unit.
kevinrbellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #2

The stock trailer with no extra options MSRP is $32,400, take average 30% off its down to $23,100. Now it depends on what options you want, is delivery included in your price.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #3

Is delivery usually included? He only mentioned taxes and title work.
Care to guesstimate how much that would be?
This place along with another RV seller, which is 80 miles away, seem to be the only two dealerships within a 100 mile radius that actually offer Jayco.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrbellamy View Post
Is delivery usually included? He only mentioned taxes and title work.
Care to guesstimate how much that would be?
This place along with another RV seller, which is 80 miles away, seem to be the only two dealerships within a 100 mile radius that actually offer Jayco.
Delivery should be included in his quote. Make sure there are no surprise PDI fees or doc fees that some will add on.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #5

Delivery would be the cost from the factory to your dealer, cost depends how many miles it is. As cabman said make sure everything is included, ask lots of questions.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:02 PM   #6

Thanks for all the info guys.
The dealer seemed a little persistent, I guess hes trying to make a sale, so I mentioned I would give him a confirmation soon.
Gotta sit on this for a few days.

Something that struck me as odd was he mentioned "if we order now you're looking at a April to May build date" Now I'm not nor do I know anyone associated with Jayco but Ive read on these forums and watched enough Josh Winters youtube videos to know Jayco is apparently swamped with orders, right? I recall reading somewhere that 2016 was their best year and it may take up to 6 months to get your unit. Not that im in a huge rush to get a trailer.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #7

Any chance of dealer having one in stock?

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #8

Since your salesman is so friendly I would ask him to put his quote in writing and email you the out the door price including, taxes, title, plate, and anything else included in his price. Some dealers will quote a price then have all kinds of add ons, delivery, cleaning, pre delivery inspection fee, propane, battery, paper shuffle fee, etc., etc., etc. Delivery time can vary depending on the model, they only build x trailers in a day, and the cycle back to that trailer may be weeks before they build more. The dealer can call their Jayco rep before you order and they can verify when you would go into production based on current orders, but they can still be delayed and no guarantees that date will hold. Josh Winters is a great guy I met him when I picked up my trailer from Haylett RV.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
Any chance of dealer having one in stock?

Murff
According to him no. Well the website actually list this specific unit as 'Order only'. I like the idea of me being able to customize the order and simply tell him what options I want. Chances are if they had a unit on the lot, it would include a bike rack, bumper mount grill or some other additional add-on I would never use.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Since your salesman is so friendly I would ask him to put his quote in writing and email you the out the door price including, taxes, title, plate, and anything else included in his price. Some dealers will quote a price then have all kinds of add ons, delivery, cleaning, pre delivery inspection fee, propane, battery, paper shuffle fee, etc., etc., etc. Delivery time can vary depending on the model, they only build x trailers in a day, and the cycle back to that trailer may be weeks before they build more. The dealer can call their Jayco rep before you order and they can verify when you would go into production based on current orders, but they can still be delayed and no guarantees that date will hold. Josh Winters is a great guy I met him when I picked up my trailer from Haylett RV.
Awesome info! I'm going to copy and paste a lot of this when I email him
Old 01-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #11

Down payment paid! I decided at the last minute to add a few additional options but Im satisfied with the overall price.
Totally jazzed.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
Site Team

Congrats, now the waiting begins!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote