Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #1

Special order purchase 2017 28BHBE timeline

I wanted to share with the forum my first and ongoing experience with our new Jayco Jay Flight order. We are a family of 3 and my son is looking for a little more privacy than the sofa in the middle of the unit.

After looking at nearly every unit in the northeast, we narrowed it down to 2, a PUMA and a Jayco. The Puma was bigger and heavier (and a Forest River product) and had nearly no dealer support in upstate NY. The Jayco had 3 dealers not too far away.

We were looking at a bunk house, but with a shower stall, not a tub. That brought us to the Jay Flight and Jay Flight SLX. Finally we decided on the Jay Flight 28BHBE. But not to be satisfied with anything on any lots and not wanting to pay for stuff we don't need, we decided to order it.

We asked for the 5 way power remote, cargo accessory receiver, TV, skylight, and for a table and 4 chairs to replace the dinette booth.

We signed on 8-20-16 (and expected the order to go in on Monday). I'll write at each encounter. My goal is to provide a record of how this goes in terms of their production times and customer service.
Aardvarkjff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #2

Thursday 8-25-16, contacted my dealer and he said the order went in on Monday.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:09 PM   #3

Now being the impatient micromanager that I am, I decided to make this week's contact with Jayco directly to see if they can confirm the order. I used their website to send them an e-mail. Hopefully they will respond in a reasonable time.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:05 PM   #4

My wife and I just placed an ordered on 27 Aug, for the 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE also . We ordered everything on it except the skylight, and the outdoor grill It will be interesting to see how each of our trailer timelines match up
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #5

Congrats on the order! What did the dealer give you for a timeline?
Old 09-01-2016, 05:48 PM   #6

8 to 10 weeks. After hearing several issues others had, I figured I would touch base weekly.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:42 AM   #7

2017 bhbe

Awesome! We bought a 2017 28BHBE that was already on order from the dealer and took about 3 weeks to get in and get everything completed. We love everything about it. Despite some of the stories you will see on here we haven't had any issues so far, minus a flat tire within the first 20 miles of travel. I attribute that you crappy Cincinnati roads and not Jayco. You have probably read but the most important thing is that inspection at the dealership before you take it home. I didn't do anything crazy. Just made sure I ran every faucet opened every cabinet ran everything out and in and so forth. Good luck with everything as you are in the hardest part....waiting.
Naterw404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkjff View Post
8 to 10 weeks. After hearing several issues others had, I figured I would touch base weekly.
8 to 10 weeks with no guarantee I assume they told you. Could take less time or could take longer.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #9

Kudos to Jayco. The sales rep for the NY region e-mailed me back on Friday indicating he was on vacation and he was going to look at it and get back to me Tues. And he did! They received my order, it is in their system, but the table and chair vs. booth dinette was not mentioned. I was lead to learn that Jayco has a separate order placement department where the dealers put their orders in. I will follow up with my dealer salesman this Thursday to confirm the furniture. Oh, there is no production date set for my unit yet..... That is all for now.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #10

We bought our in stock 2017 28BHBE from RV Direct and picked up 2 months ago from Buffalo RV. Very pleased with our dealings with them and our deal. Was actually slightly less for the 17 than their remaining 16's with the same equipment. Highly recommend them, but also recommend visiting the store to see the unit and meet the staff. We looked at the Jayflight' s at Albany RV, but picked up at Buffalo and the transition was seamless.
bkauto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:48 AM   #11

My weekly update. I contacted production scheduling and learned that the current production run of 28BHBE's is set to end this week. Bummer........ So I thought I would probe further. Turns out that after I told her my name and dealer, she let me know that my unit will be in the run starting Oct 10 with an estimated ready to ship on 10-26-16. Woo Hoo!!! Bummer that it just missed my last weekend of camping. But next year.......
Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM   #12

My wife and I received the same build date, 10 Oct for our 28BHBE.

At least I live in San Antonio and will be able to use mine. I miss out on the beginning of the camping season down here though
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #13

Well, went camping at Niagara Falls this weekend (awesome time), and on the way back, stopped at the dealership. Turns out my new on-order unit, is completed. They seemed to indicate that it is in transit. Now I can't wait!!! Will post some pics when it arrives.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:53 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkjff View Post
Well, went camping at Niagara Falls this weekend (awesome time), and on the way back, stopped at the dealership. Turns out my new on-order unit, is completed. They seemed to indicate that it is in transit. Now I can't wait!!! Will post some pics when it arrives.
That's great! What dealer did you purchase from?

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #15

I ordered from Johnston RV Country in Webster, NY. They gave me the best deal bar-none right over the phone, better than others that I went face to face with their dealerships. The one trust issue is the trade in. I was honest and on Monday, I stopped by with it on my way home and their sales manager saw it and all is good with the numbers. Just waiting for it to come in now.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:36 PM   #16

It's here!!! Came in to the dealership on 10-17-2016. We had it in the driveway for less than 24 hours before going to our local campground. So far it is wonderful. Looking forward to many trips in this one. I have posted an album on here.

(If anyone knows how to link it in here, it would be appreciated.)