Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2022, 07:38 PM   #1

Spill/Fridge Help

Hello! Been RV’ing since 2015 but new to Jayco! With that being said, we are on the last day of a three week road trip from AZ all the way to Glacier NP, Northern Idaho, and back down. We are scheduled to be home tomorrow, and on our drive to our final stop we accidentally left a disposable coffee cup, maybe half or a little more full, in the fridge. It appears the coffee spilled while traveling. We came in to find a little bit of coffee on the floor in front of the fridge, but can’t seem to find too much more around the trailer. We did notice a small hole in the bottom of our fridge, I’m assuming for condensation, but there are no external drip tubes or trays. We did find a few drips underneath the adjacent cabinet drawer near the kitchen sink, but everything else appears dry. I looked from the underside of the fridge and the plywood underneath appears dry, and as I said only saw a few drips. I removed the access panel from the outside, and while there was not much I could see all seemed dry as well. I also pulled the vent cover below the fridge and did not find any signs of leakage. My question to all of our experts is where could the liquid have gone? I’m terrified it’s sitting somewhere and will eventually cause damage. For reference we have a 2022 JayFeather 27BHB with the Furion 12 volt fridge option. I look forward to everyone’s advice, and thanks in advance!
Tylercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:52 PM   #2

I can't say where the spilled coffee disappeared to in your refrigerator, but with my NorCold refrigerator these is a small drain hole in the back where moisture is routed to a small collecting tray behind the refrigerator near the cooling coils. The refrigerator fan blowing over the coils also blows over the collection tray to expedite evaporation of any liquid. With any luck, that's where your coffee went never to be seen again.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:25 PM   #3

As Randel said, probably already evaporated.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #4

Gee! I sure hope you found another cup of coffee!

I know I can be a bit grouchy without mine.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:36 PM   #5

Thank you guys for the responses! I’m pretty sure it ended up in a drip tray, I swear there was a faint smell of coffee when the fridge was running. I’m stumped and finally gave up on it. We came home today and saw no signs anywhere. I guess if ants come into the trailer I will know for sure! And luckily the coffee was my daughter’s, she’s nine and loves having sips of our coffee so we got her a half cup of decaf since we were on vacation 😂
Tylercq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 05:24 AM   #6

Good news is that it’s coffee. There’s far worse smells you could be dealing with. I’d kind of like that. Nice mod.

I have a bad habit of leaving coffee cups in my garage around the work bench and bugs are never interested.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote