Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2021, 02:22 PM   #1

Squeaky Floors on Eagle HT 284BHOK

We purchased a new 2021 Eagle HT 284BHOK back in Nov of 2020, and have noticed the floors squeak around the entertainment system, pull out sofa area. Not sure if this is normal as we have never owned a TT in the past, we downsized from a Class A diesel pusher.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm wondering if we need to get this looked at by our local dealer, which is 2.5hrs away.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
gdumas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:31 PM   #2

I've had 2 travel trailers, neither have had squeaky floors. I don't think that's normal.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:51 PM   #3

Is the floor spongy. And what do you mean by squeaky? If you sort of bounce lightly does it squeak as well. it is possible that a screw may have popped off . Need to determine exactly where it is loose
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #4

Nitehawk,

Here's a link to a video of the actual sound.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...PJ?usp=sharing

Thank you both for your replies.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:25 AM   #5

That's not a squeak, that's a pop by the sounds of it. Do you feel something popping under your feet when you do that? It almost sounds like the wood floor hitting the metal/aluminum support underneath. Maybe the floor didn't get screwed down in that area?
Old 02-26-2021, 11:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
That's not a squeak, that's a pop by the sounds of it. Do you feel something popping under your feet when you do that? It almost sounds like the wood floor hitting the metal/aluminum support underneath. Maybe the floor didn't get screwed down in that area?
It definitely feels like is popping when I put pressure over that area, like the wood flooring is not attached to any support at all. The rest of the flooring is perfectly fine. I guess I have to take that 2.5 drive to the nearest dealer.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:47 AM   #7

I wanted to post an update on our floor issue and how Jayco is handling the warranty claim.

After waiting over 6 weeks for an answer on all our warranty repairs (10 items in total) on our unit, we finally received a response yesterday (only because I called to follow up). The service manager (Campers Inn RV, Leesburg, FL) brought up to my attention the flooring issue was denied by Jayco. I told him I was not accepting that as an answer, and they needed to get back to Jayco and find a resolution. I just can't believe Jayco denied such claim on a six-month-old 2021 unit!!! Can't wait to see what they say about the other 9 claims.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:03 PM   #8

I had a noisy floor in my fifthwheel in the bedroom area. I got it fixed under warranty. I believe they just added screws from the floor to the supports underneath.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:47 AM   #9

We have a brand new 32 rlts and have several floor squeaks (among other issues) and was told squeaky floors are not covered under warranty by Jayco. What the hell is with these RV manufactures pumping this junk out of the public. If you bought a new Cadillac and the doors didn’t close right, there were several antifreeze leaks, the wipers fell off the first time you used them and half the bolts were missing…I’m pretty sure you’d demand a new vehicle. Certainly for close to $100K you should have some expectations of quality.
Good luck with the squeak issue!
Beachbum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 03:17 PM   #10

Squeaky Floors on Eagle HT 284BHOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdumas01 View Post
I wanted to post an update on our floor issue and how Jayco is handling the warranty claim.

After waiting over 6 weeks for an answer on all our warranty repairs (10 items in total) on our unit, we finally received a response yesterday (only because I called to follow up). The service manager (Campers Inn RV, Leesburg, FL) brought up to my attention the flooring issue was denied by Jayco. I told him I was not accepting that as an answer, and they needed to get back to Jayco and find a resolution. I just can't believe Jayco denied such claim on a six-month-old 2021 unit!!! Can't wait to see what they say about the other 9 claims.

I had the same reply on my Eagle last year. I’ve learned to live with it for now. On a level site in warm temps it’s not bad at all. Worst was cold temps, leveling system compensating for the site and a full fresh water tank. You could hear it outside.

Eventually I’ll grab some of those floor squeak kits from HD or Lowe’s and fix it myself.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 06:29 AM   #11

Well, just as an update. The Campers Inn service manager did get back with Jayco and they finally approved the floor claim. Great to hear the service manager stepped up to the plate and went the extra mile for this one! He sent Jayco additional videos of the floors making such noise, and Jayco finally admitted this was an issue from the factory. Now I'm waiting on my other claims to be approved. It has been two months since I've seen my TT.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:11 AM   #12

That’s good news. I wish my service dept had been that aggressive.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote