Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

Standard Features 26RLS

Hey everyone,

The wife and I are contemplating a 26 RLS and was wondering what the standard refrigerator is? The "Elite" option includes an 8 cu ft fridge. Is this just an upgrade? Don't tell me a fridge is an option and isn't included as standard. Also, is a sound system included as standard. I know a "Premium" system is available as an option. Is this also an upgrade or is one not included as standard?

Thanks for the help.

BT
Jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #2
Site Team

I believe the standard frig is 6 cu. ft, the 8 is the upgrade. So yes you do get a frig either way. There is also a stereo system standard, but from reviews of most brands of RV, there seems to be very little that is "premium" about any of the sound systems.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #3

Love our 26 RLS

We bought ours off the lot. It had never been show or preped but we had looked at others. Love the layout as does our dog. Moved up from 15 years of popups. No real idea what options it has but the fridge is plety big for the two of us...:hihi:
Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #4

We like the RLS design. It's nice having a large rear window and something resembling a living room. Our last trailer the dinette converted into our bed so we always kept it that way and ate outside. Now that the kids our older and don't want to join us, we have chairs for them to sit in the trailer and a truck with full seats in the back and their own doors. Kinda funny really.
Happily married and father of
two university students.
Cancer survivor
Murphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #5

We have a 2011 26RLS. This was a new release for Jayco with this floorplan. The appliances are included you just have to decide which size you want and how much you are willing to pay for the whole unit. The standard size fridge is a 6 cubic ft. model. It has one large drawer at the bottom of the fridge instead of 2 smaller ones. It holds enough food for the 3 of us without any problem. We did add a small fridge fan inside to circulate the air and it works well.

For 2012 they combined the Jay Flight and the previous yrs G2 versions and came up with the current model with more options. For 2011 we only had a choice of 4 options. Upgraded a/c from a 13.5 to 15, thermal package, diamond plate front, and spare tire and carrier. We purchased all.

We added after purchase, 2 roof vent covers, power tongue jack, equalizer hitch, 23" LED tv and locking tv mount and we swapped out the cd player for a Jensen DVD player, cut out was the same so it worked beautifully.

The newer model has 2 light fixtures and packages and options than we had to choose from. Enjoy your search. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or email me.

Take care.

Mary Anne
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #6

We are going back and forth with the dealer. They quoted us $17,200 for a 2011 or $19,500 for a 2012. I think they are lowballing us on our trade, a 2011 Starcraft 1019 popup. Will give us $7500 if we get the 2012 and $6500 with the 2011. They have an identical one on their lot, used, listing for $9000. I don't mind negotiating, but if they don't come up a bit for the trade, it's a deal killer.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #7

Have you checked www.nadaguides.com and check to see what low retail is for your PUP?
The dealer may not be too far off on your trade in value.

Hope this helps.

Mary Anne
Old 10-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #8

One thing new in the 2012

I did note that there is an Ottoman with storage shown in the new one wonder if that is standard? A good foot rest for both the couch and chairs will make life even better. Wonder if a matiching one for the 011 models might not cost tooo much? :hihi:
Old 10-28-2011, 09:36 AM   #9

The ottoman storage is the back seat of the U shaped dinette. It just pulls out and it can be used as an ottoman. Yes it was standard with the 2011 and 2012. Because there is at least 3 of us and sometimes 4. I like to keep the dinette intact I purchased 2 small folding ottomans like these:

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.aspx...efPage=x6.aspx

I am able to collapse and store them under the J steel sofa during travel or if we just want them out of the way.

Mary Anne
Old 10-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #10

Talking Feeling a bit dumber than usual

I knew it was there and removeable just never occured to me :lightning: to use it as an Ottoman. I like those colapsable ones. We love our 26RLS our next trip is Thansgiving to a not to distant park Dead Horse Ranch AZ where we can have a change of pace for the holiday. Its so nice compared to the pop up's we have been using for the last decade and a half. Now that we are older the setup etc and the overal utility is great.

Though when I am pulling it arround I do miss the pop up particuallry at gas stations. We hit rain our last trip and found having a really dry inside to be great. Both my wife and I have arthritis...
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #11

Flytyer,

I also miss the gas mileage pulling the PUP, but my husband and I don't miss the set up or taken down. I too have arthritis, it is no fun.

We are going to be there too over Thanksgiving holiday (if we get our TT back in time from the dealer, he said it will be done). I made reservations months ago, we love to cook our Thanksgiving meal outside. We used to go to Beaver Creek over Thanksgiving when we had the PUP but now we can't fit in there. So Dead Horse Ranch is our other favorite.

We will have to meet up while we are there. We are going to be in Cooper Hawks Loop. We will get there Wed. evening and stay til Sun. Just not sure if I will cook the pumpkin pie there or make it on Wed. The rest we make on site.

I hope to see you there. Take care.

Mary Anne
Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post
Flytyer,

I also miss the gas mileage pulling the PUP, but my husband and I don't miss the set up or taken down.Mary Anne
What gas mileage do you get... I will be crying the blues as well. Will be getting a JAYCO X213 next spring hopefully and been pulling a STARCRAFT RT14 for past few years that got 20-21MPG with my F150. I know I can kiss that goodbye pulling a higher trailer. The X213 just weighs 5500lbs and the POPUP weighs in at 4200LBS but it the wind drag I guess that kills your gas mileage. On my POPUP I got the same gas mileage whether or not I was pulling the POPUP or not haha...
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #13

My transition from TentTrailer to 26RLS

Well we towed two differnt popups for over 15 years the smaller and lighter was a SantaFe and the latest was the Sequia both by Coleman/Fleetwood. The later was nearly 5500 lbs dry weight. Can only guess what we had it in it!. It had everyting but a wine cellar. We pulled it with the Dodge Ram 1500 and a Jeep Liberty all over the west. Funnywe got about the same mielage on both the Hemi truck as wel as the V6 pulling the larger popup ~ 14 MPG. The 26RLS on the trip from Phoneix to Colorad Springs via Pagosa Springs and back via SantFe we did ~ 7.6 on average with some stretches on the level hitting 8.9.

When we hit a sold cold front with head on 30 MPH winds on I-80 5 MPG at 65 was as good as I could do

On the bright side I pulled up Wolf Creek Pass with no issues including some start stop traffic.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #14

Hey Flytyer

I see you pull the 26RLS with a Ram 1500. I have the same truck with the Hemi and tow package. How does it pull for you? Are you satisfied with the truck pulling that trailer? I am worried it is too much trailer for the truck.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #15

1500 RAm and the 26RLS

My RAM has the factory tow package as well. It did well here pulling Sunset Point ( 3000 Ft to 5600 Ft in a few miles at 100+ Deg temps and no real rise in coolant temps. I don't have the 4.11 rear end which woudl give it a LOT of margine but am within the tow specs but no real margine on paper.

But to answer your question it did great on our only big trip to date Phoenix to Colorad Springs Via Pagosa Spring on the way up ( 2 lan mountain roads a lot of the time) and back via the intersate. Could have used some more horses when we hit a 30 MPH headwind but was able to keep a good speed any way ( used a LOT of gas that day).

The real quesiton will the lifetime warranty still be good when I spend the next decade towing it ???

I went in wating to get a 2500 Diesel but my wife is unable to get in and out of one comfortably due to 2 knees and a hip replacment. The 2008 Maxi Cab ( purchased in 09) was a real deal ( Cheaper than my Smart Car). WIth the money I save drivng the Smart most of the month I can almost afford the gas for trips

I am not planning to replace it and do infact like it on trips even when dragging the 26RLS arround. Drives well with two sway bars and a decent hitch setting. Trucks on two lane roads closign at 140 MPH ( 70 for each) no real sway at all. Braking is quite good with the P2.

Besides my brother in laws diesel truck made a great UTube video when the exhaust system caught fire and burned his work truck to a ball of scrap.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytyer View Post
I knew it was there and removeable just never occured to me :lightning: to use it as an Ottoman. I like those colapsable ones. We love our 26RLS our next trip is Thansgiving to a not to distant park Dead Horse Ranch AZ where we can have a change of pace for the holiday. Its so nice compared to the pop up's we have been using for the last decade and a half. Now that we are older the setup etc and the overal utility is great.

Though when I am pulling it arround I do miss the pop up particuallry at gas stations. We hit rain our last trip and found having a really dry inside to be great. Both my wife and I have arthritis...
Flytyer, where is Dead Horse Ranch? I live in SE, AZ and always looking for a new place to camp. I am new to the RV scene.
Kathie

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #17

We have a a stock, standard off the show room floor 2011 26RLS and love it. We did not get a television in it and don't miss is one bit when we go to the woods to get away. Our first trip out, we parked near a local lake and it was the neatest thing to sit inside, turn on the heat, have a relaxing drink and watch the snow fall outside. It was mid May and we had a freak storm blow through. Nothing to speak of but sure beat tent camping any day.
2007 Bayliner Discovery 195 boat AKA first toy
Myself, DW and 2 labs love to camp any chance
Dirtballx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #18

Just purchased the 2012 26RLS. We bought most of the options. The 8 CF fridge is taller than the 6 that comes standard. The hide-a-bed folds out with an Aerobed air mattress which has a built in electric pump and corded control so you can adjust firmness after getting in bed. The ottoman is nice and has a storage space in it. I think we will leave it as the seat for the dinette as to get it out you have to pull the table and legs out so it can roll out. We already had two small storage footstools from our previous camper that matched (Got them at Target). The electric stabalizer jacks are nice, two switches, one for the front pair and one for the rear. They come down somewhat seperatly but the first one to land waits for the second to catch up before they apply force. Love the layout, the large picture window and the electric awning. Our awning now is adjustable where our last electric awning was not. That meant that the awning only went straight out making it to high for much shade, did not allow for pitch to help with rainwater run off, and to high to attach lights to without a ladder. The Jensen DVD stereo is nice and functional. Sound is not what an audiophile would hope for but more than adequate for most of us. All in all a very nice layout and trailer.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #19

Just discovered one more feature of 26RLS

This may apply to other models as well, but I pulled the seat cushion out from one of the dinette extensions, propped it up on one end of the couch and have an excellent comfortable spot to lay lengthwise on the couch and watch TV. Then I discovered the arm rest on the couch was just velcroed in so I took that out. I'm 5'9" and it just fits for me so it might not work for someone taller. I loved this unit because of the rockers, but now I spend more time on the couch. My wife uses the backrest from the extension to allow her to strecth out on the dinette bench. Both perfect positions for watching TV.

Grant
grantsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #20

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsoo View Post
This may apply to other models as well, but I pulled the seat cushion out from one of the dinette extensions, propped it up on one end of the couch and have an excellent comfortable spot to lay lengthwise on the couch and watch TV. Then I discovered the arm rest on the couch was just velcroed in so I took that out. I'm 5'9" and it just fits for me so it might not work for someone taller. I loved this unit because of the rockers, but now I spend more time on the couch. My wife uses the backrest from the extension to allow her to strecth out on the dinette bench. Both perfect positions for watching TV.

Grant
I forgot to mention that the drawer under the couch can be pulled out slightly to provide a bit of a table for remotes, beverages, etc.

This whole thing may be more important to me because I have a bad back that makes it almost impossible to get comfortable. This setup gets me close.

Grant
grantsoo is offline   Reply With Quote