Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #1

Step Above or Solid Step Recommendation?

I have a 2011 318RLS Eagle Super Lite, with standard 3 step foldout steps.
Looking to replace them to get more rigid feel to steps and to lower between step rise due to DW recent surgery.

If you have installed or have had installed either the Moryde Step Above or the LCI Solid Step, what are your opinions both Pro and Con.

Thanks.
BroRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:29 PM   #2

We added the Moryde 4 step to our Eagle 332rlok. Love the stability. The optional hand rail we could not use because of clearance inside. We changed the folding hand rail with one that goes out and down farther. Not as sturdy but works, same manufacturer as original used existing holes to mount.
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #3

I LOVE my MORryde step above steps!

I have the three step model. Installation was easy and took about a half hour.

Pros - Adjustable, very sturdy, nice clean look.

Cons - Just have to sweep the steps before stowing. Dirt collects at base on floor, so a quick vacuum between trips. Minor inconvenience.

I am not familiar with LCI solid step.
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
I LOVE my MORryde step above steps!

I have the three step model. Installation was easy and took about a half hour.

Pros - Adjustable, very sturdy, nice clean look.

Cons - Just have to sweep the steps before stowing. Dirt collects at base on floor, so a quick vacuum between trips. Minor inconvenience.

I am not familiar with LCI solid step.
We love our Morrydes and love them. Makes life better for replacement hips and knees.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #5

I installed a Torq-lift. It fits in the original space below the door and has legs that touch the ground. Original was a 3 step and I put a 4 step T-lift in its place. The Bride has knee probs and this has been a huge lift for her.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #6

I put Lippert Solid Steps on our trailer after the original steps got damaged on a trip.

Install was pretty easy and they are solid when down, wife likes the wide first step.
2016 Feather 7 18RBM
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I installed a Torq-lift. It fits in the original space below the door and has legs that touch the ground. Original was a 3 step and I put a 4 step T-lift in its place. The Bride has knee probs and this has been a huge lift for her.
This is what I was looking at as well. Nothing folded up in the doorway and very solid. Problem is it's so darn $$$$$. Maybe I'll take another look.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroRobin View Post
I have a 2011 318RLS Eagle Super Lite, with standard 3 step foldout steps.
Looking to replace them to get more rigid feel to steps and to lower between step rise due to DW recent surgery.

If you have installed or have had installed either the Moryde Step Above or the LCI Solid Step, what are your opinions both Pro and Con.

Thanks.
I have the LCI Solid Step. The name says it, rock solid. I chose it because of the larger top step. It makes stepping in or out easier with my myriad of orthopedic issues. The old diving board steps need to be in junk yards, not on campers.

Although, I rarely buy anything from them . . . I bought mine on sale from CW online when the lift assist was also free with purchase of the steps. I have the four step "wide" version. I am not sure the smaller or narrow versions would really need the assist.

On the Solid Step: if you just lift it halfway up, the dirt just falls out the back of the steps. That isn't true for the top step. We just sweep off the top step before we lift it.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:23 AM   #9

Quote:
I have the Glow Step Revolution on mine. A bit over 3 years now and wouldn't be without it and as stated above, it folds up where the original step was with nothing dirty folding up inside. If you are camping on an uneven site the Glow Step can be adjusted easily so it doesn't reach out so far keeping each step level. A major plus on site uneven sites.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:49 AM   #10

I installed the step above easy install following directions. Works great. Our entry door is at the rear side and almost eliminated any movement walking in and out.Best thing we've added. Wasn't aware of the strut assist model they have added I would have considered that one. Goodluck
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I have the Glow Step Revolution on mine. A bit over 3 years now and wouldn't be without it and as stated above, it folds up where the original step was with nothing dirty folding up inside. If you are camping on an uneven site the Glow Step can be adjusted easily so it doesn't reach out so far keeping each step level. A major plus on site uneven sites.
Ed, yup 110%! Also, they can be pulled out completely for a very comfortable experience or pulled partially out when clearance is an issue.

TCN, yeah they were a bit $$$ but there’s some stuff I don’t mind spending more on to get what I want. My TPMS, EMS and the steps are examples. I will admit to filling my 5th’s tool bag with HF stuff too. 😉

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Ed, yup 110%! Also, they can be pulled out completely for a very comfortable experience or pulled partially out when clearance is an issue.

TCN, yeah they were a bit $$$ but there’s some stuff I don’t mind spending more on to get what I want. My TPMS, EMS and the steps are examples. I will admit to filling my 5th’s tool bag with HF stuff too. 😉
Here is a campground I was in this past spring on the way to see Mickey where the GlowStep's adjustability definitely came in handy. A full reach out from the camper just could not be done at this campground.
Attached Thumbnails
Travelers Campground, Alachua, FL #3.jpg  

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:39 AM   #13

That site wouldn't be a problem for any of the steps, if you purchase the right model.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #14

I also installed torklift. Took a whole 30 min to install and comes with optional handrail. Also the adjustable landing pads make it simple to keep solid another advantage is that nothing gets dumped inside your rig since everything is underneath where the original steps are.. makes the trailer more solid and less bouncy when you enter or leave
Another advantage I found d was that during storage I am able to park close to opsticals since they do not flip out but rather according out
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote