Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-15-2017, 05:37 AM   #1

Stickers!?!?!?

I know it is all mostly CYA on the mfg's part but I finally brought our new 24RBS home yesterday and I never realized how many stickers there are all over. I really think that they cheapen up the look of the interior. I had other planned mods to start on but the first thing I did was go around and remove what I feel are tacky stickers. There were a couple that I took care to peel off and stuck them on a blank page in the back of the owners manual. The down side to it was I realized how many nicks and scratches there are all over the woodwork throughout the trailer. I see that Jayco uses a "filler" for nail/staple wholes. I will be contacting them to see if I can get some to touch stuff up. Still in love with the unit though and can't wait to get out and use it!!

(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 05:57 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
I know it is all mostly CYA on the mfg's part but I finally brought our new 24RBS home yesterday and I never realized how many stickers there are all over. I really think that they cheapen up the look of the interior. I had other planned mods to start on but the first thing I did was go around and remove what I feel are tacky stickers. There were a couple that I took care to peel off and stuck them on a blank page in the back of the owners manual. The down side to it was I realized how many nicks and scratches there are all over the woodwork throughout the trailer. I see that Jayco uses a "filler" for nail/staple wholes. I will be contacting them to see if I can get some to touch stuff up. Still in love with the unit though and can't wait to get out and use it!!

Very nice camper - almost went for the same unit! I feel the same about the stickers, and I especially detest the free advertising of the dealer exterior stickers. They are ugly, and I find it rather presumptuous of the dealer to presume that I want to be an unpaid rolling advertisement for them. In my case, they do not deserve the free marketing. I feel the same about our cars. We just bought a new car. It was refreshing for us when we learned that this particular dealer gives customers the option of having the dealer label on their car. I am still working on a strategy for removing the big ugly exterior dealer stickers.

Our Feather had a few nicks and dings inside as well. I used two furniture touch up kits; one was from a big box home store and the other from a paint store (Guardsman and MinWax). They did a super job of blending the small nicks and matching the cabinet color. I especially liked the performance of the Guardsman kit. It has the wax pens and the color/"painting" pens. Along with the wax pens, it came with the colored markers that allow you to blend the colors as you apply them until you get the finished look. I bought the Guardsman at a paint store, and I have seen it since in furniture stores and a hardware store. Then I went over the areas with Danish oil. I think I used a cherry tone. We now clean with Murphy Oil Soap - They look awesome! If you can, do it yourself. You will do a better job and save yourself the risky dealer Hullabaloo Roulette.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 09:32 AM   #3

Forgot to mention, I also used Watco Rejuvenating Oil and very fine steel wool on spots that had glue fingerprints. The Rejuvenating Oil removed the fingerprints. I then came back over it with the Danish Oil for a near-perfect finish.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:06 PM   #4

Our dealer has a little different approach to the stickers on the back. They are a Jayco-only dealer so right above the license plate in simple black letter stickers they have "JAYCONW.COM". Very generic and unless you actually go to the web site you can't tell anything about the dealer. Of course they do plaster their name all over the license plate holder but that's simple enough to remove and recycle, which I did on day one.

And I added a JOF sticker just above the JAYCONW letters. That's advertising I'm more than happy to provide...
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:26 PM   #5

They will fall off soon enough. Most of them do not like being stuck to the laminates and textures. Add vibration, a touch of humidity and poof... Gone
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:52 PM   #6

You use all these methods on the what I call "fake wood"? The cabinet door and drawer faces are all in pretty good shape, it's the framework and other panels that have the most scratches and dings in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
Very nice camper - almost went for the same unit! I feel the same about the stickers, and I especially detest the free advertising of the dealer exterior stickers. They are ugly, and I find it rather presumptuous of the dealer to presume that I want to be an unpaid rolling advertisement for them. In my case, they do not deserve the free marketing. I feel the same about our cars. We just bought a new car. It was refreshing for us when we learned that this particular dealer gives customers the option of having the dealer label on their car. I am still working on a strategy for removing the big ugly exterior dealer stickers.

Our Feather had a few nicks and dings inside as well. I used two furniture touch up kits; one was from a big box home store and the other from a paint store (Guardsman and MinWax). They did a super job of blending the small nicks and matching the cabinet color. I especially liked the performance of the Guardsman kit. It has the wax pens and the color/"painting" pens. Along with the wax pens, it came with the colored markers that allow you to blend the colors as you apply them until you get the finished look. I bought the Guardsman at a paint store, and I have seen it since in furniture stores and a hardware store. Then I went over the areas with Danish oil. I think I used a cherry tone. We now clean with Murphy Oil Soap - They look awesome! If you can, do it yourself. You will do a better job and save yourself the risky dealer Hullabaloo Roulette.
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #7

I have the same problem with car dealers and with electronics equipment.

My Ford dealer put a license plate frame on my Truck that I thought was awful. Took it off as soon as I got home.
Took it in for it's first 10,000 mile service, and guess what - they put another one on.
While it was sitting in the bay waiting for me to pay and drive out, I noticed the new frame, took out my pocket knife/multi tool, took it off, broke it in half and threw it in a trash bin while the service writer watched from his cubicle.
They got the message - haven't had another one put on.

I help a lot of friends in the neighborhood and around Church with their computers. It always tickles me, especially with laptops, how they leave all the marketing stickers all over their laptops - like they are afraid to take them off.

I don't remember much but the "Solar Ready" huge sticker on our Jayco but I definitely took that off. I would have left the dealer sticker - I really like Crown RV, and the sticker is small and unassuming. But darn it - they put it on crooked.
I'm one of those Type A's that if I tear a piece of paper and it isn't straight - I HAVE to tear it again or better yet cut it. That sticker had to go.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #8

I really hated all the stickers next to the door, so I removed all the stickers too, except the one that said which model our htt is.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #9

Do not remove the sticker on your mattress, Under Penalty of Law!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I really hated all the stickers next to the door, so I removed all the stickers too, except the one that said which model our htt is.
One of the first stickers I removed was on the nose, it was the stock number sticker. Once it was removed I noticed the fiberglass was discolored That makes me a little cautious about removing the stickers outside the door. The dealer placed a sticker next to the door and above the license plate in the rear.
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
Old 04-17-2017, 06:26 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I pick up my 24RBS today. I really like that design in the 24' size.

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoGriff View Post
One of the first stickers I removed was on the nose, it was the stock number sticker. Once it was removed I noticed the fiberglass was discolored That makes me a little cautious about removing the stickers outside the door. The dealer placed a sticker next to the door and above the license plate in the rear.
Of course I can't see what you see - but that "discoloration" may be due to lack of wax. I'm sure they put these stickers on before they wax the RV. Those of you that have been to the factory can comment - but I would assume they spray wax on the rigs at some point during manufacture. If not, the dealer may have waxed the unit before delivery. In any case, there is no wax under the sticker. And just a little of the glue always stays and quickly attracts dust/dirt - Goof-Off and/or just rubbing alcohol will take that off.
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I pick up my 24RBS today. I really like that design in the 24' size.
I love the basic layout of the TT. I wish it had a pantry in it like the Trail Cruise I owned previously. It's not the lack of storage space, it's the lack of shelving in the provided space. I am obviously going to rectify that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
Of course I can't see what you see - but that "discoloration" may be due to lack of wax. I'm sure they put these stickers on before they wax the RV. Those of you that have been to the factory can comment - but I would assume they spray wax on the rigs at some point during manufacture. If not, the dealer may have waxed the unit before delivery. In any case, there is no wax under the sticker. And just a little of the glue always stays and quickly attracts dust/dirt - Goof-Off and/or just rubbing alcohol will take that off.
I was thinking that. I did use Goo-Gone to remove the glue residue already. It is a weird pattern that is discolored. I plan to try some wax on it real soon.

That bring up another question about the fiberglass and I think justifies another thread.
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #14

So I decided to remove the sticker on the screen door plastic slider that had the trailer weight information on it. As I was pulling it off, it left the word VOID in about 100 spots. What a pain in the butt to remove those little letters. I used alcohol pads because I was afraid Goo Gone would cloud the clear plastic. Since it was still legible, I stuck the sticker in the back of my owner's manual. That way, if the one on the outside ever fades to the point of not being able to read it, I'll have the one in the manual.
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
Old 04-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #15

I used a hair dryer to remove all of the annoying stickers on ours. I only left the ones that have build date info, or loading information. Those are never coming off.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote