Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #41

Can't keep it at home, no place to put it, so it resides under cover at a boat and RV storage facility that offers both open and covered parking. Did I mention I pay dearly for the covered spot.............
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur View Post
I agree that HOAs are evil, however, I don't want to look at my neighbors camper and he probably won't want to look at mine. The cleaner the hood the better.
Whats wrong with looking at other campers?
My camper is here at my house under a metal carport that is clearly in violation of our HOA.
Our HOA is a joke. I will never own a piece of property with a HOA again. Yes I knew what they were when I bought my land. However, I was the 2nd land owner at the time. There was only a total of 12 lots. The owners/developers decided they wanted to change the HOA. Since it states a 2/3 vote can change it, they claimed 10 votes to our 2. So the current HOA is not the one I agreed to.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 AM   #43

We were very fortunate that our HOA was voted out last year.That being said I now keep my TT next to my house along with my 38' Cigarette Top Gun.
Right now the TT is uncovered but I will purchase a cover for it for the winter months.My furture plan is to build a garage that will accommodate both.
Any complaints fall into the Tough Sh!t Dept.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #44

We don't have an HOA but do have CCR (city code regulations). We just made sure we we're within code when the RV port was constructed. No one around us has any eye sore objects in their yard so far no HOA is working for us.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #45

HOWIE, I wonder if you are grandfathered in since you didnt agree to the new setup. Of course, if it was well written the old contract would have bound you to future rules. A person has enough rules, laws and regulations telling him how to live without another group invading your home. City or town codes should be sufficient to prevent a neighbor from opening a skunkworks in their front yard. And if it isn't, there's always a vigilante night raid to fall back on.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:02 PM   #46

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407981649.531200.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	14708

We put this up when we got our rockwood in 2012. Has held up well so far, but still gets a little dirty when the wind is blowing. I'm in SC, so sun can be pretty brutal without some type of cover.
Smitty75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:04 AM   #47

Friend has excess room in his hangar. We "paid it forward" and he offered the hangar space. We are in the CA desert - temps up to 120+.

Interior storage still needs to be temp controlled during hottest months. Such RV storage runs $200 - $400 per month (+/- $1.50 psf)

That would likely be a deal killer for us.
Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:27 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cekkk View Post
HOWIE, I wonder if you are grandfathered in since you didnt agree to the new setup. Of course, if it was well written the old contract would have bound you to future rules. A person has enough rules, laws and regulations telling him how to live without another group invading your home. City or town codes should be sufficient to prevent a neighbor from opening a skunkworks in their front yard. And if it isn't, there's always a vigilante night raid to fall back on.
Nothing grandfathered or binding and I checked with the town codes prior to parking the TT and boat at my house. All is good.

Adk Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:11 AM   #49

We bought the TT and couldn't find an acceptable place to store it. From the dealer we took to the road. Hubby found the TT too much for him to deal with as he's disabled. So I got on the phone and called a few campsites in the area we were in. Found one at a good price and good location. Went there and gave our TT a home. Now we have a place to visit. When we got back to our home though there was a huge new sign on the lot down the road from us that said "Parking Available". Oh well.
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #50

We live in a residential/commercial zone so anything that's not an eyesore is ok. We had an acquaintance make a gravel pad a few years ago so it's very convenient to electric and water. We had considered a winter cover when we bought our first RV but the salesman and our son both said it was a waste of time and money. We do have tire covers though. The way our house is located there isn't a lot of direct sun on it for extended periods of time.
dapoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #51

When I purchase my 5'er, it will be out in a storage facility. When tornadoes swept the area a few years ago, folks that kept their trailers in the yard, lost both home and trailer. Those that had separate storage facility lost one or the other, not both.
javankrona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #52

Ours will be parked alongside of the house likely covered in snow from December until mid April. I am wondering if this will be a problem. Apart from winterizing, is there something else I should be concerned about?
aroundeverycorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
Hey Bob, just my opinion, HOA's should be against the law.
Especially with all the stories about homeowners being fined or taken to court for flying the US Flag. That is ridiculous.