Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #1

Storing RV for winter

Here I am again, lol. We left our TT in a park in KY, another question and concern. Does anyone leave cleaning materials in the TT when winterizing? I packed up everything and brought it home to FL...Seems to be making it a little harder to use if you have to carry everything back and forth, lol Still learning alot from this forum. Thanks Guys....
Bonieta Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #2

If it is safe to use to clean your rv, it should be safe to leave in the rv.........happy camping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #3

When we winterized in the past we would put liquid cleaners in the sink or tub. Just incase they would freeze and break.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
Site Team

My wife and I try to "modularize" as much as possible. In the TT, we keep items we remove every winter in containers, crates, baskets, buckets, etc. to speed and simplify the winterization/dewinterization process.

In the bedroom, on the floor in front of our bed, sit two laundry baskets (usually nested inside each other). During camping season, they are our laundry hamper(s). When it comes time to winterize, we pack these with everything into them we want to pull from the TT and store the entire laundry basket in the house. Personal items like soap, deodorant, toothpaste and items that have freshness or expiration dates we remove, use in the house and buy new when the next camping season comes.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT
PREVIOUS: 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!

FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #5

When we pack our camper away for the winter we remove everything. I clean all sufaces with disenfectant. I remove all personal hygene products because I dont want them to freeze and they also attract critters if they smell them. Wiping and cleaning everything helps get rid of food smells and particals that may also attract critters. We remove all the dishes in case something has food on it also. In 3 years of owning a camper, a pop up for the first 3 and recently TT, we have never had any problems with pests, things freezing or any other problems. I remove cleaning products so they dont freeze and break.
Leigh and Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #6

Thanks, this was my thinking, afraid if the container would freeze it would burst and really have a mess..
Bonieta Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #7

I would worry that multiple freeze/thaw cycles might cause liquid products to separate. We don't worry too much about that here in south Texas but we always remove liquids from the TT (mainly to keep them out of the heat during our warmer months). We've got the "TT box" that sits on a shelf in the laundry room to hold these items till our next outing.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #8
Zad

Is it important to use the stabilizer jacks through winter? I wonder if this might take some pressure off the tires and leaf springs although as I say that I doubt the stab jacks take that much pressure off.
Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #9

Good question!!
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
RyanRving is offline   Reply With Quote