Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #1

Stripped Decals

Warning: Graphic content. May be disturbing for some viewers.

I received many helpful and nice replies to my first post on this forum a couple days ago. I mentioned in my first post that I had removed most of the decals on our new, 2017 Jay flight 26BH. One of the responders to my first post asked me to provide pictures, as they were considering doing the same thing.

I did it for a couple reasons.
1. I don't like the way they look...I like things plain
2. I've seen a few discussions online about decals bubbling, or failing in some way or another. I figure they can't fail if they ain't there.

I was real pleased with the way it looked when I was done. They peeled off easily with just a little help from a hair dryer, and Goo Gone took care of the little bit of adhesive that was left. Then, wash and wax.

But, remember, this is just my personal preference. Definitely not suggesting others do the same
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0438.jpg   DSC_0440.jpg   DSC_0442.jpg  
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #2

I like it!! If I did this I would remove the back one also.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #3

My initial thought before seeing the pic was "Really?, ewwww!" In all honesty, I like it. It's one of those less is more type of things.
(ordered 5/9/16, arrived 10/17/16, brought home 4/14/17)
2005 Trail Cruiser TL-26QBH (sold)
1984 Coachmen PUP (sold)
NismoGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 06:23 PM   #4

I like it too,the front and sides look great.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
Warning: Graphic content. May be disturbing for some viewers.

I received many helpful and nice replies to my first post on this forum a couple days ago. I mentioned in my first post that I had removed most of the decals on our new, 2017 Jay flight 26BH. One of the responders to my first post asked me to provide pictures, as they were considering doing the same thing.

I did it for a couple reasons.

1. I don't like the way they look...I like things plain

2. I've seen a few discussions online about decals bubbling, or failing in some way or another. I figure they can't fail if they ain't there.

I was real pleased with the way it looked when I was done. They peeled off easily with just a little help from a hair dryer, and Goo Gone took care of the little bit of adhesive that was left. Then, wash and wax.

But, remember, this is just my personal preference. Definitely not suggesting others do the same

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #6

Stripped Decals

You did a great job personalizing your travel trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
onthegoforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #7

Not bad looking. Most people will probably never notice and if they were to fail later down the road it would likely be more noticeable because of fading.

Like you said personal preference. You left the Jayco stickers which I actually agree with. By pulling everything it would stand out that the stickers were removed or was there damage that was repaired and the stickers never added back? That might be a resale question. By leaving the Jayco decals there it is less noticeable.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:16 PM   #8

I prefer no decals. One other forum member actually ordered his without them.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:22 AM   #9

Thank you for the comments. I was prepared to be called a blasphemer.

The new Jayco goes on her shakedown cruise tomorrow. We live in Muskegon, and we're just going North maybe an hour and a half to Pentwater, which is a little tourist town on Lake Michigan. Too close to qualify as a real trip, but its a pleasant place to spend the weekend finding out what else we need to make the trailer liveable/efficient.

This'll be Kit and Boo's (our cats) first trailer trip. Here's Boo. I don't have Kit's picture handy (but, they're identical brother and sister, so what the heck).
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0229.jpg  
Old 07-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #10

Looks good!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #11

Looks good! At first I was thinking what my TT with white fiberglass walls will look like. In my mind it would not look good.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #12

Sorry for your loss... of stickers. Really, your money. Who cares if the guy next door doesn't like it. I like decals, but since Thor boogered up the White Hawk with UGLY stickers, we are back to looking at the Flights. After seeing your peel 'n scrap, I think I would do the same. It looks very clean. Nice job! That's coming from a guy who has done custom graphics on vehicles for over 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #13

I truly believe in an individuals right to do as they see fit with their own property. I was prepared for something terrible when I first read your post but actually don't think it looks bad at all. I am not ready to jump in and pull mine off but hey maybe someday...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #14

I like the look, it is minimal an clean. I am in the process of removing the "advertising" decals etc. Took me about 15 minutes just to remove the "void" decal that was on the plastic slide on the screen door. I still wonder why they would put a decal that said "void" anyplace in the TT.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
I like the look, it is minimal an clean. I am in the process of removing the "advertising" decals etc. Took me about 15 minutes just to remove the "void" decal that was on the plastic slide on the screen door. I still wonder why they would put a decal that said "void" anyplace in the TT.
Yeah, what's up with that stupid "void" decal? I would say it was more difficult to remove than any of the big swoopy decals I removed from the exterior. Once, removed, it looks like void void void is etched into the plastic under the decal. I don't even remember what the decal said on it, but I was pretty sure I could live without it.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:31 PM   #16

Over that "void" was the original VIN weight tag. Gave the as shipped weight as well as cargo capacity left.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedAWDAstro View Post
Over that "void" was the original VIN weight tag. Gave the as shipped weight as well as cargo capacity left.
Thanks, that at least makes some sense. When I asked the sales person he said he had no idea. I should have asked the guy who did the walk-through, he was excellent.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:56 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Well ......guess i'll be odd man in here, and being honest, i think it was a huge mistake, but thats just my opinion. Our 26BH was delivered to us 2 Wednesdays ago, on the weekend Mother Nature in SW Ontario was kind enough to allow me to put a wax job on it. The one thing i did notice while doing it was how nice the stripes/decals look. I always make sure i go over them a 2nd time. The colors they use are extremely well done together with the tan background. I did notice on my left rear Jayflight decal that there is a tiny tear, also a tiny one on the front "O" of the Jayco. I am going to take some clear coat from a tube of an automotive touch-up stick and apply clear to them, to prevent any more tear. Now if your Jayflight was an '04 to '09 i could understand, because the stripes on those years were either good, or bad ..... mostly bad, but on these new ones, not a chance in heck....they are staying on ..... again, my opinion
Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #19

I trashed my screen door slide handle using brake clean to remove decal!Its been two years still have not replaced it. Looks like Cra p!
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:26 PM   #20

What was your process for removal (thinking of removing 2 that are faded on mine)
StupendousMan is offline   Reply With Quote