Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-06-2015, 08:54 PM   #41
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
I appreciate it. Obviously the way I wrote it didn't make sense to more than just you. It was meant to be funny...

When I get my new Jayco in a couple weeks, you can anticipate more questions from me.
You must be squirming to get started with the new rig. When I went from SunnyBrook to Jayco, it was not to difficult, just appliances made by different manufacturer and some other technology differences.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 PM   #42

yeah this time of year looking on this forum and trying to help people keeps me in touch with what I love to do ...congrats spoon on the new camper and I know last year at his time I was driving myself nuts waiting for mine lol ... still trying to learn as much as I can about it and waiting again to go pick it up from warranty work at the dealer
Old 03-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #43

Hello all...
Just thought i would toss in my .02.
Up here in Canada where most of us do a lot of "boon-docking", a 30lb propane tank can be gobbled up by the fridge, water heater and furnace in as little as a week. I leave one tank off so I "KNOW" that i am going to have to drive 25, 50+ miles to refill. I do not include cooking in that usage as i cook outside on the Brinkman stove or Roadtrip grille. That runs off a 20lb BBQ tank and a propane tree. If it comes to switching tanks at 2 or 3 AM when it is -freakin cold, i am happy to do so in my house coat and slippers. Tiz all part of the adventure.

Happy Camping all. Let the years adventures commence!!
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 09:33 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
...snip... Can we let this dead horse have its funeral now?
There is a very nice state park near me named 'Dead Horse.' Maybe one day we should have a 'Jayco Owners Forum' get together there.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 01:04 PM   #45
Site Team

Maybe we could grill and eat that horse [emoji4]
Gator roll-up bed cover
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
Old 03-24-2015, 01:27 PM   #46

My swift (2013 198rd) I have no indicator and I've been just opening both valves. should I open just one so I know when im out in it (the one open), then switch to the second one while I work on refilling the first one? hope that made sense...
mparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:56 PM   #47

The green/red indicator is in fact a simple gauge. Less green or more red color indicates lower amount of gas. One can guess the amount easy enough. Should this be a problem, there are various in-line gauges available. Think I paid about $20 for mine.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #48

Am I the only one that is happy to have 20's instead of 30's so I have the option of useing the exchange places on the road? Or are there 30 lb exchanges that I've never seen?.....Although, it was a bit annoying to exchange my brand new perfect white tank for a rusty brown one
rick danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick danger View Post
Am I the only one that is happy to have 20's instead of 30's so I have the option of useing the exchange places on the road? Or are there 30 lb exchanges that I've never seen?.....Although, it was a bit annoying to exchange my brand new perfect white tank for a rusty brown one
Having your existing tanks filled at a LP gas fill station is almost always a better value from a price point. And yes I would hate to trade in my new 20lb tanks for some 20 yr old paint over rust refurb. The exchange tanks also only have 15lbs in them.

I can see your point about filling on the road, but with my twin 30`s on the trailer I ve never had to attempt that, always get them filled locally.

There are no 30 lb exchange tanks that I am aware of. I also get them filled at a LP dealer, and with many of them they will fill a partial tank and you pay for only what you get...
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:32 PM   #50
Site Team

I was having some back problems so I took my empty 30lb tanks out of my 5th wheel and put 20's in there. Much easier for me to lift and I have not had any inconvenience from the lower propane on board.
Gator roll-up bed cover
Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #51

rick, not only can you get a rusty brown tank, but be sure to check the date/type valve. I got an exchange on the road, and my local fuel supply refused to fill it, the valve was old type/out of date. Took a while to find a replacement that was legal.
arkhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:19 PM   #52

My trailer had 2 30# tanks. We found that we filled the tanks once a year. It was cheaper to fill the 30# tanks than to pay for the 20# replacement scam at the local store.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote