Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2019, 02:39 AM   #21

Ordered it from Lowes.

Yes, it's in a stud, but there are lots of studs on my trailer, since my trailer is a "stick and tin" model.

While they do have many drawbacks, a plus for stick and tin trailers is they provide a relatively large number of studs to hand stuff. With the aluminum frame models, it's much harder to find a good stud to screw into and those frames are hollow inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus Prime View Post
Where did you get that rod? It’s perfect.
Is it screwed into a stud?

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:38 AM   #22

Maybe Tension Rod

This is what we bought from Walmart to replace the Jayco shower curtain channel. Better Homes and Gardens 50"-72" Adjustable Dual-Installation Single-Curved Rod. Husband removed a few screw slid the factory curtain off left the plastic channel as did not want holes in the ceiling. You could buy a tension rod it would be a easy fix.
Corgidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #23

Heres my mod for a round curtain that had the snaps (that was not waterproof). It works good.
Attached Thumbnails
jayco rod.jpg  
Old 03-30-2022, 08:14 AM   #24

We have a 2020 Jay Flight. I hated the shower curtain that came with the camper (plastic tabs, etc.). We took out the screws that held the curtain rod and removed it; then put the screws back in (so there wouldn't be any holes). I purchased a tension rod at Home Depot and added my own dual shower rings (so I could add a liner); purchased my own shower curtain and cut/sewed it to fit- looks awesome!
Camper Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:38 PM   #25

correct
Polegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 06:56 PM   #26

We kept the curtain that came on the unit as the decorative outer curtain, and went with an expanding rod and cloth inner curtain that can be washed in the machine with other fabrics. Given that pulling a camper creates an earthquake in progress for everything inside, we take down the expanding rod and inner curtain when on the road.
wordsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 07:15 PM   #27

Hi there Iciancola, I purchased a wonderful 1994 Cardinal SD with the bathroom option, but it has no shower curtain whatsoever. I have looked in vain for a Jayco shower curtain from Jayco.
I know that it's now been 13 years since your comment here stating that you bought an extra from Jayco. By some odd chance, might you still have that extra, and may you be willing to part with it for a good price?
Fast Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote