Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2016, 03:14 PM   #1

stupid sink question

So our old pop up had a 50/50 stainless steel sink, I had a dish drainer in one half and used the other to wash dishes, brush teeth, etc. Our new 23RB has a 60/40 ceramic (?) sink. I have no idea what to do for washing dishes. There's very little counter space, but if I put a dish drainer in the larger side of the sink then I've got this tiny, tiny sink to wash dishes in.
What do people do with a 60/40 split sink? I've never had a split sink in my house, just one large deep basin which holds everything and I put the drainer on the counter, but there's just no place in the trailer to put the drainer except on top of the stove.
Help!

Square Dance Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:20 PM   #2

When we had our smaller unit my wife used a plastic basin to wash dishes in, thenbpoured that water into the toilet. Helped with sink space and grey water tank.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:15 PM   #3

Same here We use a Dish pan one counter to washand the drain tray goes in the larger sink.
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:27 PM   #4

We have the plastic 60/40 sink in our unit. We bought a small dish drainer with bottom pan from camping world. It fits on the larger side but it's not an issue for us to wash dishes on the smaller side since it's just the two of us and Henk. If we really need to use the larger sink then I place the bottom under the rack and set it on the stove cover to then drain into the sink.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert RVers View Post
We have the plastic 60/40 sink in our unit. We bought a small dish drainer with bottom pan from camping world. It fits on the larger side but it's not an issue for us to wash dishes on the smaller side since it's just the two of us and Henk. If we really need to use the larger sink then I place the bottom under the rack and set it on the stove cover to then drain into the sink.
We have the same little drain pan and use it in our 23RB. The bottom snaps on and has a hole that the water runs down to and drains. It's meant to sit on the counter and just hang over the sink enough to drain. It fits perfectly on the small counter on the couch side and drains into the small 40 side of the sink. We wash in a tub that fits into the 60 side, rinse in the 40 side and set the dishes in the small drainer. If it's too big to fit in drainer I set my sink covers over the now cooled down stove, lay down a dish towel over them, and set the large item there to air dry. Works great for us so far and we also dump the tub of soapy water down the toilet to keep it cleaner and save room in grey tank.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #6

I bought a stove cover so that when I do dishes I can put the dish drainer on the stove with the drain end over the sink (I don't center the stove cover, I put it a little closer to the sink). I use the big sink to wash and I rinse in the little sink then put the dishes in the drainer. I tried using the little sized camper drainer but ended up buying a full sized one because the little one was too small!