Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-22-2020, 02:38 PM   #1

Sun protection

Over the years our camper has always been undercover except when in use except for the last 2 years. Now I want to sell it. But I'm concerned that it is sitting in the Desert Sun unprotected. Rain is not an issue. And I would like easy access in order to show it to prospective buyers. Any suggestions as to material to basically drape over the top of the trailer and then tie down so that I can still get in and out of the trailer easily?
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #2

Assuming you're just looking to protect your roof from UV damage, there are several product that you can apply to your roof to protect it, such as Roof Gard from Dicor.

If you're actively selling it though...I'd be surprised if you could do any perceptible damage to it leaving it out in the sun until you sell it.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:28 PM   #3

You would think it would sell. But it's a small town, several folks have looked at it and loved it and wanted me to give it to them. It's been a year and the sun here in the Mojave is just brutal. So I will look into what you are suggesting as opposed to an actual fabric over it, although since I can no longer get up on a roof oh, the former might be more affordable. But thank you for the suggestion and information.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote