Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #1

Swift 294bhs

Hi looking to trade up to Swift 294bhs - any one have any comments on fit finish and functionality? Thanks.
Swift2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #2

We just traded up to the 294BHS this week. We traded in a Rockwood Hybrid.

So far no many complaints. Little things like with every trailer I've owned... Rear tail light covers don't fit quite flush so it leaves a thin opening along the top... fixed that with some clear RTV. Entry door was really hard to open and shut because something wasn't lined up right.... I finally discovered that the four screws that hold the whole door handle mechanism together were just loosed enough to allow for movement.... I tightened them and the latch is nice and smooth now.

Just a few other things that might come up because of mass production, but overall, fit and finish is nice. We happen to really like ours!

BIG complaint? The horrible, from the depths of hell queen mattress!

James
DSN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #3

Dear DSN46: Thanks for the prompt and honest response. I do hope to purchase over this next month or so if we like what we see in person. Good to know that the mattress is to be considered a negotiating point!!

Mike
Swift2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #4

The upgraded mattresses are tolerable, the standard ones are almost unusable. Our "new to us" trailer has the standard and I couldn't see how anyone could use it. Our previous TT; same year, same model different floor plan, had the upgraded mattresses and we were able to use it with out any topper. The standard mattresses we have now quickly received a nice 3" memory foam topper from Costco. Wasn't cheap, but outside a new mattresses it was the only option.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #5

Last trailer we owned was a Rockwood with heated mattresses. They were nice in cold weather camping, but uncomfortable.

This is our first experience with Jayco mattresses in a travel trailer (had a Jayco 1207 Pop Up before) so I don't know if we have the updated queen or not. It is the "box and springs built in" model. I know that once we put the topper on and made the bed, it is was much better..... of course it is way better than the Rockwood we just came from!

James

Tags
swift 294bhs