Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2015, 08:14 AM   #11

We have the same issue with the chairs in our 2015 31RLDS. They tilt all the way back as soon as you sit in them. I did turn one of the bases 180 degrees and that does not work as it won't tilt back far enough. I think the problem is that the pivot point of these is not centered, it's offset to the rear, but your weight is behind the pivot and throws the chair back.

We are thinking of removing the chair closest to the door and putting a small desk / table there.

I've also look at these bases, they have center pivots and 5 springs instead of the three on the Jayco base. Swivel rocker replacement 5 springs and legs

Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Jim

Update to my October 2014 posting. The dealer had my camper for over 4 months trying to get the material from Jayco to do the fabric repair on one of the rocking chairs. First Jayco sent the wrong color of fabric, then sent a fender skirt???? which totally puzzled the dealer, and then said they no longer had the color of material anymore. Their vendor had stopped making that chair months prior. The dealer then had a come to Jesus discussion with Jayco and within a few days they had the material to make the repair. Because we still have to stow the chairs back to back at the main door for traveling we are strongly considering removing one chair and perhaps purchasing a desk and small chair in its place as suggested by another post in this forum. Love the camper otherwise...With all the issues surrounding these rocking chairs small wonder Jayco decided to stop using them.

Equalizer 4 10K Hitch System
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #13

Jim, We have a 2015 26 RLS too. One thing I found that helps for short stops.....when we close the trailer I put a throw rug on the floor and the chair on top of it. When I need to get in the trailer this gives me a little room where I can just slide the chair to get past it, without worry of tearing up the floor. Also when setting up I can slide it to the edge of the carpet so I dont have to lift it as far, or the wife can actually move it the foot or so it has to go if needed.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:22 PM   #14
Jim

2014 Jayco 26RLS
2014 Dodge 1500 4x4, 5.7 hemi, tow pkg

Wally26RLS .. Completely off the topic of the chairs. I see you are pulling your TT with a
2014 Dodge 1500 4x4, 5.7 hemi, tow pkg. I have been looking at trading in my 2006 Ford Expedition for something like what you are using. What is your tow rating and have you towed out of state such as to Gatlinburg, or North Carolina, or out west to the Rocky Mountains yet... let alone just the state of Kansas?
Equalizer 4 10K Hitch System
P2 Brake Controller
Full Timer Wanna-be's
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:53 PM   #15
Site Team

Same problem with the excess travel. I put some short bungees on the front and rear underneath that reduces the travel but am looking for a better solution.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:03 PM   #16

We had the same problem with our Keystone Hideout a couple years ago. Replaced them with these from Discount Leather Chairs - Palliser & Mac Motion Recliners, Sofas, and Home Theater Chairs
Attached Thumbnails
photo.JPG  

2008 Ford F250 Lariet 4WD 6.4 Diesel
2015 Jay Flight 34 RSBS
2014 Keystone Hideout -traded
krgbcg is offline   Reply With Quote