Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #1

Table/Bed

I recently bought my travel trailer and had the table that converts into a bed. Not knowing that the table wasn't sitting properly in the bracket, a friend of mine stepped on the table and I heard a snap. The corner of the table is broken. Can someone tell me where online I can order a new table? I've looked all over and can't find anyone or anywhere that sells them. And the dealership where I bought the camper, is closed for the winter. I'd like to have the new table prior to the upcoming camping season
brukers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #2

All the camper tables I've seen are made of particle board covered with laminate.
If it were me, I'd make one out of cabinet grade plywood.
If that's not an option for you, you might call a cabinet shop and see if they would make you one. Then it would be easy to transfer the legs from your broken table.
Hope this helps.
Poppy
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #3

As poppy said, I would call a local cabinet shot. When I had my shop I did this several times a year. You want to use a fine grain, ie maple, etc for the table if you go the plywood route. Will most likely be less than ordering one from the factory and having it shipped.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #4

If you can't find a cabinet shop, go to your local building supply dealer and see if their sources can make you one.
Roadwarrior56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #5

We use our table outside and it got too wet and swelled up last summer. I had a friend make one for me out of cedar. I sealed it with a clear marine type sealer. It looks great and it'll last longer than I will.

The best part is that it weighs about half as much as the junky presswood, and it's far stronger too.

It was about $50 for materials (cedar is not cheap). I only had to buy him lunch.

DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #6

We had the same thing happen to us. We used the table for a template and use some oak plywood we had some trim on the edge and varnish. looks better than the original. But we like wood. We used all the hardware from the table so it didn't cost us anything. It was like $300 to order a new one. We also discovered the the benches were not parallel so that's why the table collapsed, so you may want to check that out no matter what you decide to do.
Old 02-03-2015, 12:41 PM   #7

What year is your trailer? If still under warranty, I would call Jayco and tell them your table broke and ask them to send you a new one.

ddrueckh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrueckh View Post
What year is your trailer? If still under warranty, I would call Jayco and tell them your table broke and ask them to send you a new one.
But the table is for eating on and not stepping on! Do you ever step on your table and if you were to call Jayco would you tell them you stepped on it.
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #9

They are not designed to sit on either, unless in the "bed position", I would doubt they would honor a warranty claim since it's pretty clear this is abuse not normal use. That being said, in Fon du Luc I'm sure you can find a cabinet shot willing to make it for you, probably within a few miles of you. LOTS of shops in that area ! LOL and, you get to pick out your laminate color texture etc..
From what I have read ( do not have our rig yet) Jayco is using a thermofused melamine for counters not a high pressure laminate. HPL would be much more difficult to break, scratch etc... Good luck !

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #10

The edge of my table was broken when it was misplaced on the support rails for use as a bed. My niece sat on it and it broke.

I took the broken table to my Jayco dealer service manager, and started to explain how it broke. He cut in and said "I don't need to know how it broke." It was replaced under warranty.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerBill View Post
The edge of my table was broken when it was misplaced on the support rails for use as a bed. My niece sat on it and it broke.

I took the broken table to my Jayco dealer service manager, and started to explain how it broke. He cut in and said "I don't need to know how it broke." It was replaced under warranty.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if these tables should be used for a bed and what is the weight limit for the center of it. And anyone know what the max should be and just how wide is the ledge rail it sits on? When Jayco lists # of people your TT sleeps are they counting 2 for the table?
Tunce the traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:11 PM   #12

Here is the laminate for 2011 your table. It can be ordered through Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_239108-466-1...ductId=3493051

Otherwise you will have to find a dealer to order from. We broke our former trailer table. We paid $134 for the table and $44 for shipping.

Hope it helps.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote