Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2018, 10:04 PM   #1

Table leg dog ears broken, Where to get?

I have a single leg table that has 2 quarter inch long rounded dog ears that hold the table either up or down. Now they are both bent and the table leg cannot be folded for use as a bed.

Anyone got an idea where to buy either the part or a new folding, lockable hinge?
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:43 PM   #2

I had the same problem last season and found a replacement leg at https://www.jaycorvparts.com. They are not a true online store - they have a form you can fill out online with the details of what you need including picture attachments. They do the research and return back the specifics about what you need and what it costs.

Since we both have 195RB's I can save you the trouble and give you the two part numbers from their PDF catalog that you can look at - just click on the "Download full catalog PDF" link from their main page and then use your browser search function to search for the part numbers shown here:

# 0157424 - adjustable table leg 24-36.5" woodtone ( I think this is the correct one)
# 0012336 - adjustable table leg 19.5-31.5"

You can measure the distance from the floor to the table bottom to confirm which one you would need, then access the electronic form by clicking on the "Order Now" button from the main page and fill in the details to get the current price, etc. As I recall shipping was a little on the high side but I'd had no luck finding this and my dealer wasn't all that helpful either.

I will say that the new one has already started to do the same thing again - I have one side where I have to pry it with a flat-blade screwdriver now to prevent further bending. I may be spending some time over this coming winter looking at potential solutions other than just replacing with more of the same.....
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #3

I took it apart and put a bolt thru the hole...works
great! the piese is really weak nad I did not want another with the same problem
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 06:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryrebos View Post
I took it apart and put a bolt thru the hole...works
great! the piese is really weak nad I did not want another with the same problem
Did the same thing.. Bolt.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:11 PM   #5

So for those of you who have used a bolt what was the original issue? Was it like RogerR has described where the metal rod itself has bent or was the leg itself also bending or otherwise deforming? I've attached a picture of the side of my current leg that is doing the same thing that both sides of my original one did. As you can see it's actually the leg itself that is bending/deforming and not the metal rod. In the case of this new leg once extended the metal rod on the one side does not come out of the indentation easily which causes the leg to start deforming. Not sure how a bolt would fix this condition unless you would be inserting it to hold the leg open after extending it and then removing it when you want to fold the leg.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180721_175901317.jpg  
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #6

t

The bolt idea seems a solution for the rest of our trip. Mine does not have a rod but it has a u shaped metal ear that sticks out on both sides. I will replace with a 2 inch long bolt if I can get it apart. That should give me something to pull against the spring. I tried to pull down the u or c shaped ears but the spring is just to strong for my fingers. As the metal bent it also got sharp. It only sticks out a quarter of an inch so no purchase.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #7

to further explain. I drilled out the pop rivet with a unibit just enough to remove it. I used a piece of PVC pipe with 2 notches cut in it to retract the spring and removed that eared piece. inserted a bolt to replace it then attached it back to the table with another bolt. I did not want another leg with the same problem of that eared piece with cheap metal. works real fine now!!! I cant remember if I had to remove the whole bracket from the table to do this....if so it's a simple thing to do
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote