Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #1

Tank gap

I have a 2016. Can anyone comment on the gap between the flooring and the tanks underneath? And the flooring is 5/8"?

The reason I'm asking, I may need to attach an item in the floor, and do not want to drive a screw into the top of any tank.

Thank you

Dave
Old 02-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT View Post
I have a 2016. Can anyone comment on the gap between the flooring and the tanks underneath? And the flooring is 5/8"?

The reason I'm asking, I may need to attach an item in the floor, and do not want to drive a screw into the top of any tank.

Thank you

Dave

I would assume they were flush with the floor and for safety purposes I would use a screw of the correct length. A screw protruding through the floor has no more holding power than a screw of the correct length. Yes the floors are 5/8" plywood (American Made) .

Good Luck...

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

There is zero consistency in the construction of any travel trailer. One person with the same make and model may have a 2" gap. Another with the same make and model none. I would take the time to remove or cut open the underbelly area underneath the area where you'd like to place the screw and visually check the area where the screw will exit. There could easily be pex tubing, wiring (12v or 120vac), ducting, not to mention the tank itself, in the way. IMO, the time messing with the underbelly is a small price to pay vs. the alternative---unless you're just feeling lucky--lol! Good luck!
CampNow is offline   Reply With Quote