Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-11-2015, 07:31 AM   #21

Best way to keep the sensors working is to keep them clean! Use the formaldehyde-free black tank solution, and (if you have one) the black tank flush every time you dump. And close the B/T valve for 1-2 minutes (but no longer) to allow the water to accumulate in your tank. Then rock the trailer from side to side, dump and repeat 3-4 times; until the dump water runs clear. You can also supplement the tank solution with a cup of Calgon water softener or laundry baking soda. You can dump a cup of bleach and some Calgon or baking soda in the sink drains after you dump. As the grey tank(s) fill, the bleach/Calgon/soda will clean off the sensors. After 8-1/2 months of full-timing, my sensors are still working great!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #22

Buy a black tank flushing jet. NOT the one that fits on the sewer dump connection. I have used the Tornado tank jet on my last 2 campers with great success for keeping sensors clean and odor down.

TT - 2015 Jay Flight 32TSBH
TV - 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 5.9L Cummins diesel
DetroitFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #23

There is a you tube video about the ice. It doesn't work. Use RV specific paper, when you drain the black water fill the tank once or twice and drain it again.
I have a wand with a spray on the end I use to clean the holding tank.
Most sensors will not work properly, when they are wet or moist the will register more than empty, Wait awhile for them to dry out and check it again.
Look at this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=iH6acEmqvcw

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #24

The same guy did a video (longer) that shows the different tank flushing products with the clear holding tank, your right, the ones that back fill from the dump end really don't do much.

Ross..

Old 02-24-2016, 10:34 PM   #25

I put the Horst "miracle" probes on my last TT. The logic of their design seem to make sense - but I honestly couldn't tell that they worked a bit better. They still gave false readings. I think TP sloshes up under the shield and you get the same effect. I'm considering SeeLevel on the Jayco I have on order - just not sure if I want to do that much work - anybody have any experience installing these?
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:50 AM   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to Rob Church
I've decided not to worry about the sensors, they will always become problematic. I do flush the tanks to clean every two or three trips and use RV tp but alas the sensor will read bad at some point. Its just a matter of time. She will even teas you at times and give a true empty reading, but not for long.

Keep your eyes on the black level by turning off the water and peering through the toilet with a flashlight. I use a light with a wriststrap... The grey is more challenging, you could wait until the water comes through your shower drain and go outside to peel off a few gallons into a portable tank (or go dump).

The best and least pain for us is knowing how many days we can go before needing to deal with the tanks. We just got a new Jayco with bigger tanks but on our previous trailer we could go five days with no problems, longer if we wandered over to the pit toilet. After five days the tanks were 'bulging'.

We are supposed to be enjoying the time not worrying right :-)
Rob Church is offline   Reply With Quote