Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2015, 07:37 PM   #1

Television Mounting - Rotating Mirror/Entertainment center

Hello,

I have a 2016 29BHDS, and I did not spring for he installed Television. I have purchased a 32" Insignia LED Television weighing 11LBS, as well as a Ready America MRV3510 Mount

Ready America MRV3510 37-Inch Travel TV Wall Mount - - Amazon.com

The tacker on the rotating mirror/Television mount seems to be .5", so the screws can be no longer than that without breaking the mirror. I am looking for some advice on how others have installed these mounts, have you installed another small board with many screws and glue, then put lag bolts into that? Do I disassemble the mirror (not real easy) and try to put carriage bolts thru the back? Has anyone had their Jayco unit down to see what the factory does?

Lastly, has anyone used this mount, and had any problems with the TV coming down during traveling? a few 1/2" screws don't seem like a lot to keep the TV up when the unit is bouncing etc, it does have a lock and retaining strap, but I am still concerned about the unit pulling on the holes and eventually pulling the screws during travel.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM   #2

Hope you have better luck with this particular tv mount than I did! Mine broke about the 3rd time out! It had so much slop in the pivoting joints my little ole 22" tv was listing to one side at about 30 degrees when I swung it out away from the wall for viewing in our sofa area. I bought this mount from Wayfair http://www.amazon.com/Locking-Cantil...-Arm-Extension. It has worked GREAT! As far as mounting it to the wall I had a factory installed backer plate (2x6x8) already in place in the wall.
Good luck!

2008 Taco 4.0 L V6
2015 Jayco 18 S RB
krcarter54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #3

Our dealership added washers on to take up the extra length of the screws. Haven't had any problems with tv at all. It is a 42".
Tamra is offline   Reply With Quote