Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #21

My 2016 25BHS came with a Furrion 32' LED TV but it wasn't anything special. I upgraded to a Samsung 32' LED - Samsung 32" Class (31.5" Diag.) - LED - 1080p - Smart - HDTV Black UN32J5205AFXZA - Best Buy

Works fabulous as I can stream internet with my cellphone and can watch Netflix and has a great picture.
earlyretirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Soul View Post
If I'm not mistaken the new ones are using a brand name "Furrion" or something like that. Supposedly they went with this brand because it holds up better under RV like circumstances.
Nope it's based on cost.

Our SENECA had an RCA and the PINNACLE has a SHARP. Neither one had/has issues. When we had our 01 DESIGNER MH I installed a VIZIO and it worked fine too.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #23

Our 08 came with an RCA 18", non-LED, very heavy. I switched it out to a Best Buy Insignia 24" LED, less weight and fit right on the mount. Bonus, it is 12V compatible. Picked up the adapter at Radio Shack and now we can catch the news or water when we stop for our breaks.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #24

I'll give the Furrion a shot as I now own one! Lol!
I'll try one of my media streamers from home (roku stick or Apple TV) to see if the newly upgraded wifi at the CG can handle it. My spot is pretty close to the access point, but streaming video on my iPad in the past has been marginal. I'm hoping the upgrade will take care of that. If it's good, I'll either get another roku stick or a smart Blu Ray player.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'll give the Furrion a shot as I now own one! Lol!
I'll try one of my media streamers from home (roku stick or Apple TV) to see if the newly upgraded wifi at the CG can handle it. My spot is pretty close to the access point, but streaming video on my iPad in the past has been marginal. I'm hoping the upgrade will take care of that. If it's good, I'll either get another roku stick or a smart Blu Ray player.

Yeah, I still have the Furrion as it was included with the Whitehawk that I bought. It was already in the vehicle. I'll use it for a 2nd TV for the outdoor mount.

Tags
tip of the learning curve