Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2015, 08:12 AM   #61

We found out yesterday that the factory has not yet given dealers the go-ahead to order 2016s - so the DW is second-guessing her upholstery choices. The sample we got of the sort of orangey-rust pattern is now striking her as too orangey, and she's leaning toward one called "Shadow." She has asked for more samples, and told the dealer to hold off until she lets him know. At least we're still expecting to have the unit sometime in June, whatever the DW decides.
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-n-Ash View Post
We found out yesterday that the factory has not yet given dealers the go-ahead to order 2016s - so the DW is second-guessing her upholstery choices. The sample we got of the sort of orangey-rust pattern is now striking her as too orangey, and she's leaning toward one called "Shadow." She has asked for more samples, and told the dealer to hold off until she lets him know. At least we're still expecting to have the unit sometime in June, whatever the DW decides.

Where did you hear this from Jim-n-Ash? We supposedly ordered a 2016 a few weeks ago....Says 2016 on our PO.
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:08 PM   #63

We e-mailed our dealer to confirm that our unit had been ordered, and he e-mailed back to say "Jayco has not given us a date to order, which are expecting very shortly. They have not even given us a dealer price or an MSRP, so they are not expecting any orders until this is done."
Old 04-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #64

I guess that can make sense. Maybe the dealers are taking orders but not yet officially giving them to Jayco? They took mine with the guesstimate of the MSRP but not the official price list yet. I was told by rep that mine would be built in May. We ordered on 4/1 but they were no longer building 2015's at that point already. Do they take a month off, lol?
Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #65

It may also be the case that the order dates are staggered by region, so that they don't get too far behind on the builds - but that's pure speculation. No one at our dealership or the factory has said anything like that. The only thing we heard was that they don't put the new designs online until the dealers have some, so that when people see them and want them, they're available.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #66

I emailed Jayco this week and they said 2016 Jay Flight units are scheduled to roll off the lines starting 5/8. I requested a quote from our dealer and they stopped taking orders until further notice.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:20 AM   #67

ordered a 2016 got prices and option prices, just waiting for a build date....strange buying a new trailer without so much as a picture....except for interior colors.
southernlancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #68

It is strange. But exciting!
Old 04-25-2015, 04:11 PM   #69

We also ordered our 2016 x213. First trailer for our family of 4
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:54 PM   #70

Country Mouse... Thank You for posting the 2016 Floorplans, I am really interested in the JayFeather 23BHM . We really like that layout in the JayFlight/Whitehawk (23MBH) BUT I do not like the trailer up on leaf springs so high in the air. I really like that the JayFeathers use the Dexter Torsion Axles and are lower to the ground as my 2012 X19H is (For Sale in the For Sale section... so we can possibly move up)

If they design the slide as the JayFlight/Whitehawk I cant see how they can continue to have the trailer low as the current JayFeathers are. If they find a way to keep them on Dexter Axles then we might be in business.

The Product enhancements document that was uploaded here says they will have Equa-Flex Suspensions, if so then the trailer will be up in the air like the JayFlight/Whitehawks which unfortunately does not fit one of my requirements for our next trailer.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:31 PM   #71

Can I ask why you like the lower suspension? When I saw one in person I was like wow! That's really low. Worried that it would easily scrape ground. I was happy that they were being raised. I know nothing about axles and suspensions though.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:47 AM   #72

CM… Few reasons… all personal preferences after having a JayFeather with the Dexter Axles and being lower.

The Torsion Axles offer a much smoother ride when towing and moving about the cabin (my personal opinion) and are attached up in the frame by bolts versus exterior to the bottom of the frame by welded brackets. Now my JayFeather has the NORCO/BAL Frame which is pieced together by bolts where all the others are welded I Beam or C Channel, so there is that difference as well. I was astonished at how the brackets were welded and gusseted to the frames when I got under the JayFlight, White Hawk and even the Eagles. I can't remember which one it was but the U Spring Brackets were not welded down the center of the frame but offset and a thin piece of metal was welded from the the U Bracket to the side of the frame. I did look at a JayFlight 23MBH recently and it was welded down the center, so might have just been that particular trailer.

As heavy as the trailers are and with them being so high up with the center of gravity high it was a scary proposition to me. Maybe coming from an Engineering, Machining and Fabrication background I tend to look at these things differently.

I tow with a 2007 Expedition EL and like the trailer to be lower for wind resistance and less High Center of Gravity sway (Toppling Effect), all this might be my perceived ideas and feelings but I have seen many a newer higher trailer being towed down the highway severely nose down, this could have a lot to do with the owner not taking time to set his hitch height correctly. I would have to move mine up like 12 inches to accommodate a higher trailer and keep it level, that does not seem like a safe or fun proposition and for me not one I would feel comfortable with towing with my current TV. If I had a F250 Diesel, I would feel less worried but with that said...

Another is they are so high now you have 3 or 4 steps to get up into it, they are so high the scissor jacks won't even touch the ground with out 1 or 2 4"X4"'s under them. This is just not something I want to deal with (as well my DW has bad knees).

We camp a lot at State Campgrounds in Florida that are in "Hammocks" and the higher trailers could get damaged from driving under the trees, either on the campground roads or backing in to your site, when I look at the JayFlights versus the Jay Feathers, they just appear so much bigger and more to handle (once again personal opinion) Our X19H has 13" Wheels, which makes it even lower to the ground and at this time we have never bottomed out or scraped anywhere.

In the end we want to move up in size and stay under 26" total length and the 23MBH (or 23BHM JayFeather) would be perfect… if only they were not so high with the Leaf Spring suspension on top of the Axle versus below it as in the old days.

After looking at the JayFlight/White Hawks against Lance (as an example) I figured out partly why they are so high. To be lower you have to have a wheel well, if you have a slide over the wheel well you have to step UP into the slide area, as an example a U Dinette. The Lance you have to step up, they use Dexter Axles and have wheel wells for the Wheels to go up into like the current JayFeathers. The JayFlight/White Hawk, you do not have to step up in the slide dinette, it is flush to the floor. Those trailers do not have wheel wells to contend with because the camper "box" is raised up above the wheels.

The Lance Trailers fit what I am looking for, albeit at a much higher price. We really want to stay with Jayco so here is to hoping the new JayFeather 23BHM is not a sky high trailer.

Attached are photos of our current setup which we have no trouble getting in and out of places with… not sure how I would feel with an extra 13 inches minimum of height to deal with (difference between a JFeather X19H and a JFlight 23MBH) and a photo of a 23MBH we were looking at, 1 Step on the JayFeather, 3 on the JayFlight with a positive of the JayFlight being the 15" wheels.

As I said… it's all personal feelings and what you are comfortable with individually… I would never tell anyone to do one thing or another as it is up to each of us individually what we chose to do.
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco X19.jpeg   IMG_2108.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 09:26 AM   #73

MIFL19H, Thank you for that long, detailed response. I will have to reread it a couple of more times. :-)

Just wanted to say I did confirm with the Jayco rep that the new jay feathers will be same height as the 2015 was with the 2" lift. So only 2" higher. That is with the x254 but maybe with all of them too? Does that help you at all know which axle they're using?
Old 04-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #74

We hear what MIFL19H is saying; for us, higher is better because we go over some pretty rough roads, and if the one we're getting weren't high enough, we'd have to have it raised. To each their own, and happy camping to us all!
Old 04-26-2015, 10:03 AM   #75

That's what I was thinking too being here on the west coast. Flat, smooth campgrounds are the minority. ;-)

BTW, I will be towing our new X254 with an Expedition.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #76

Thanks for the info on the heights of the 2016's. For the 23 BHM which is the layout we like, if they build the slide like an X23B then they could use the Torq Flex axles as the slide is above the wheel well, the dinette would be raised and you would have to step up into it like the Lance 2185. If they build it like the X23U then it will have leaf springs and the dinette slide will be flush to the floor and the trailer "box" will be raised like the 2015 X23U.

We have spent a lot of time in our X19H in some tight campgrounds in FL and have been all they to Williamsbug, VA and places in between and just spent a week in the North Georgia mountains and we did not have any issues but I can see in some areas out west that higher is better.

It is interesting that Lance Campers is located in California and their trailers are of the lower variety though not as low as my X19H which does have the 2" factory lift kit.

Excited to see what comes out, we are selling our X19H as we won't be able to camp until the end of the year so we will not be purchasing until Nov/Dec so we have time to wait and see... we really want to stay with a Jayco.

The JayFeather being higher is not as bad as the bigger JayFlights and Whitehawks so they should be more manageable so will be anxiously awaiting to see one in person. As we all agree it is what serves our individual camping needs the best.

Thanks again for posting the 2016 info...
Old 04-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #77

We ordered our 2016 JayFlight last Monday and were told the order would be submitted Wednesday and we should have our trailer in June. Can't wait to see it!
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #78

White Hawk color schemes

The factory sent us samples. We don't have the leatherette for the "Twilight" upholstery, but it's off-white-ish, and the standard counter is the same for all of them. Here they are. (On the "Shadow, the upholstery's on the top and the leatherette in the middle; on "Coffee," the cloth upholstery's on the top and the accent - with the design - is in the middle.)

We first chose the Twilight, but the more DW looked at the sample the less she liked it, so now we're going with "Shadow," because we want the leatherette sofa. "Coffee" comes with cloth.

Our dealer said he can order the White Hawk 23MRB (replaces the 20MRB) "in early May." We don't have exact order, build, or delivery dates. But ...
Attached Thumbnails
whie hawk shadow.jpg   white hawk coffee.jpg   Jayco upholstry sample - Twilight.jpg  
Old 04-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #79

2016 Eagle TT Information

I have been able to find some pictures of the new 2016 Eagle TT/5er. These photos show the new cabinetry, wall treatments, carpet, as well as interiors (Havana, Java, and Almond). I have attached those files that meet the size restrictions set forth here on the forum (but I have more).

Hope this helps many of you with your future decisions. If I can find anymore information, I will be sure to share.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2759.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	17853

Name:	IMG_2762.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	17854

Name:	IMG_2846.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	17855

Name:	IMG_2847.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	17856

Name:	IMG_2849.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	17857
faststandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:52 PM   #80

Additional 2016 Eagle TT Information

I have also been able to locate the Eagle Travel Trailer order sheet but unfortunately the prices are still shown as TBD. I also have several more interior photos (some of 5ers). These photos show the new stainless steel appliances, plumbing fixtures, bathroom updates, flooring updates (carpet and tile), as well as the new control center.

I cannot upload any of these documents as they are too large per our forum rules.

If anyone would like a copy, feel free to IM me and I can email them to you.
faststandard is offline   Reply With Quote