Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #61

We found out yesterday that the factory has not yet given dealers the go-ahead to order 2016s - so the DW is second-guessing her upholstery choices. The sample we got of the sort of orangey-rust pattern is now striking her as too orangey, and she's leaning toward one called "Shadow." She has asked for more samples, and told the dealer to hold off until she lets him know. At least we're still expecting to have the unit sometime in June, whatever the DW decides.

Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-n-Ash View Post
We found out yesterday that the factory has not yet given dealers the go-ahead to order 2016s - so the DW is second-guessing her upholstery choices. The sample we got of the sort of orangey-rust pattern is now striking her as too orangey, and she's leaning toward one called "Shadow." She has asked for more samples, and told the dealer to hold off until she lets him know. At least we're still expecting to have the unit sometime in June, whatever the DW decides.

Where did you hear this from Jim-n-Ash? We supposedly ordered a 2016 a few weeks ago....Says 2016 on our PO.

Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:08 PM   #63

We e-mailed our dealer to confirm that our unit had been ordered, and he e-mailed back to say "Jayco has not given us a date to order, which are expecting very shortly. They have not even given us a dealer price or an MSRP, so they are not expecting any orders until this is done."
Old 04-24-2015, 01:15 PM   #64

I guess that can make sense. Maybe the dealers are taking orders but not yet officially giving them to Jayco? They took mine with the guesstimate of the MSRP but not the official price list yet. I was told by rep that mine would be built in May. We ordered on 4/1 but they were no longer building 2015's at that point already. Do they take a month off, lol?
Country_Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #65

It may also be the case that the order dates are staggered by region, so that they don't get too far behind on the builds - but that's pure speculation. No one at our dealership or the factory has said anything like that. The only thing we heard was that they don't put the new designs online until the dealers have some, so that when people see them and want them, they're available.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #66

I emailed Jayco this week and they said 2016 Jay Flight units are scheduled to roll off the lines starting 5/8. I requested a quote from our dealer and they stopped taking orders until further notice.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #67

ordered a 2016 got prices and option prices, just waiting for a build date....strange buying a new trailer without so much as a picture....except for interior colors.
southernlancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 01:30 PM   #68

It is strange. But exciting!
Old 04-25-2015, 05:11 PM   #69

We also ordered our 2016 x213. First trailer for our family of 4
cassmann1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:54 PM   #70

Country Mouse... Thank You for posting the 2016 Floorplans, I am really interested in the JayFeather 23BHM . We really like that layout in the JayFlight/Whitehawk (23MBH) BUT I do not like the trailer up on leaf springs so high in the air. I really like that the JayFeathers use the Dexter Torsion Axles and are lower to the ground as my 2012 X19H is (For Sale in the For Sale section... so we can possibly move up)

If they design the slide as the JayFlight/Whitehawk I cant see how they can continue to have the trailer low as the current JayFeathers are. If they find a way to keep them on Dexter Axles then we might be in business.

The Product enhancements document that was uploaded here says they will have Equa-Flex Suspensions, if so then the trailer will be up in the air like the JayFlight/Whitehawks which unfortunately does not fit one of my requirements for our next trailer.

MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote