Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #21

This is my first year with a trailer. I always hook and unhook from a checklist that I've created and tweaked. Now that we've done it a few times, my wife asked after our last trip "When do you think you'll do it without using the checklist?"

My response: "Never."
sirrealone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #22

Glad you had no damage. This is a good reminder that double checking things and taking your time is always a good thing Every time I rush I forget something. I left the cargo door open last week. Luckily when I was pulling out of the campground some one saw it and told me.

Been a camper since I was a kid, and that was a long time ago :)
From pup tents with no floors, to tents with floors and flies, to a pop up, to the expandable.
chuckworkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #23

On one of our week end trips, I need to pull my trailer from the side of my house and up onto the driveway to gain access to to the side storage access door on the driver's side since it was tucked in tight against a neighbours's fence......As I pulled out I felt the trailer jerk for a sec but it was fine when I got it to the driveway. I accessed the side odor and my brother in law comes around the corner and says "here"s your wheel chock" Yup I ran it over and crushed it., they were the plastic kind....I now own a couple of new x chocks....my trailer will not budge now...lol
Old 09-09-2012, 07:49 AM   #24

We have all done some of these things I'm sure. I also do the hitching myself and do a walk around at least once. Then the "wife" does her walk around just to keep me on my toes. I don't know how many times I have seen symptons of the old get there itis! Have seen several trailers going down the road with storage doors swinging in the breeze, tv antennas in the up position, or tires half shredded and coming apart. The worst example of getting in a hurry I ever saw involved a single engine airplane. I was doing a walk around at the airport getting ready to depart and noticed another single engine plane taxing to the active runway. I did a double take when I noticed the tow bar handle hanging from the front wheel and bouncing along the taxiway. I ran to the runway and finally got the pilots attention to shut the engine down. He got off very lightly that time. It always pays to take your time.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote