Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2020, 12:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by djensen9367 View Post
Ordered end of november-it came off the line Jan 29th - should be on the road to Oregon now
Great! Hoping for mine end of March or thereabouts, can't wait! Then I will be a full timer.
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:19 PM   #22

Wow, Congrats that is one sweet setup, come on summer or before.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX512 View Post
The 2nd battery is Appox. 40 inches away. The Onan is 34” and the battery boxes are tucked close on either side. I feel very fortunate that the dealer I purchased from did not charge for the additional battery. At least on paper anyway hahaha.
Congrats on the purchase sir! Shoot a pic when it come in.
Any possibility of a (battery) wiring picture? I'm worried about getting the negative trailer battery cable all the way over to the extra battery.

When I go to pick up my trailer maybe I'll try sweet talking them into adding the second battery for me for a better price then I've been quoted.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Fellas,
I finally picked the new rig up after a 2 month wait. 27RBOK, 5500 Onan generator installed, tailgater Pro w/three TVs, dual A/C, Winegard WiFi equipped. Absolutely love this boondock ready trailer.
Congrats! I'm super jealous of the drop-frame/generator setup. That's been my biggest complaint about ours, no place for a generator!

Gone but not forgotten:
Harvey – *SOLD* 2018 Eagle HT TT 314BHDS
Big D - 2002 F250 XLT CCSB 7.3L Power Stroke (semi-retired)
NorCal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spower View Post
Any possibility of a (battery) wiring picture? I'm worried about getting the negative trailer battery cable all the way over to the extra battery.

When I go to pick up my trailer maybe I'll try sweet talking them into adding the second battery for me for a better price then I've been quoted.
Well, let me say I somehow managed to break my side awning within an hour of receipting the new trailer. Thankfully I chose to camp 20 minutes from the dealer and they were so gracious to come out and help me. I had to drop it back off the next Saturday. So it will be another few weeks before I can go get it.

Yet I’ll be happy to get some close up pictures once back home.
1 crazy chocolate Lab
1 stinky Basset hound
ATX512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Well, let me say I somehow managed to break my side awning within an hour of receipting the new trailer. Thankfully I chose to camp 20 minutes from the dealer and they were so gracious to come out and help me. I had to drop it back off the next Saturday. So it will be another few weeks before I can go get it.

Yet I’ll be happy to get some close up pictures once back home.
How did you break it??

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #27

Ran the slide in and out a few times at the dealer while completing the pick up intro course. Trailered it to the CG, leveled the rig and ran the slide out. Then heard a loud pop. Walked out to see the awning coil was on the inside of the corner trim out piece. It sliced right through the fabric and it was stuck. Slide would not move in or out.
Attached Thumbnails
A78DAFCA-2162-4505-9996-0F13EE58EAC4.jpg  
1 crazy chocolate Lab
1 stinky Basset hound
Old 02-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Ran the slide in and out a few times at the dealer while completing the pick up intro course. Trailered it to the CG, leveled the rig and ran the slide out. Then heard a loud pop. Walked out to see the awning coil was on the inside of the corner trim out piece. It sliced right through the fabric and it was stuck. Slide would not move in or out.
So it's hard to tell what happened but that doesn't look like it was your fault. Faulty design?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:54 PM   #29

I hope you are correct. The dealer thinks the awning may have been to wide for the slide. Thus lending itself to the resulting condition when the slide is moving vertically on the way out. The next one should be just as wide as the slide itself. We will see.... this is my first TT with a slide.
1 crazy chocolate Lab
1 stinky Basset hound
Old 02-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #30

very nice
robles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #31

Congrats on new rig!

I'm looking to purchase a 2020 330RSTS that is prepped for a generator so I'm very interested in your setup. Does the generator run on gasoline or propane? When I was shopping for a new camper (I currently have 2016 306RDDS) I saw that the fivers were equipped with 3 propane tanks to accommodate a generator; TT's only have the two tanks so I'm just wondering how does that work? Thanks in advance for any info and good luck with your new TT
Fritz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz77 View Post
I'm looking to purchase a 2020 330RSTS that is prepped for a generator so I'm very interested in your setup. Does the generator run on gasoline or propane? When I was shopping for a new camper (I currently have 2016 306RDDS) I saw that the fivers were equipped with 3 propane tanks to accommodate a generator; TT's only have the two tanks so I'm just wondering how does that work? Thanks in advance for any info and good luck with your new TT
Unfortunately I don’t have the depth of knowledge to say much just now. Only that it’s a propane generator and I read a thread somewhere on here that said I should expect Approx. 1 gallon of use by hour on a high load. In Texas at 100 degrees with two A/C units; that should qualify lol.
I purchased 2 additional 40lbs tanks and have a new piece of all thread ready to exchange the tanks. Always notate the difference between gallons and Lbs on the tanks. It’s helpful IMHO to only think about gallons.
1 crazy chocolate Lab
1 stinky Basset hound
Old 05-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #33

could you possibly tell me where the water pump is located on this?
JaycoChix89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #34

Very Nice! Congrats man
mkrenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #35

Congrats from a fellow Austinite. (I know I know, you're in Lakeway LOL) Lots of good, knowledgeable people on this forum. Maybe I see you out there. Headed to Lake Livingston after Memorial Day.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoChix89 View Post
could you possibly tell me where the water pump is located on this?
Switch it on. You will definately locate it.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #37

I have a tip. The manufacturer (Thor?) cut holes in the fresh tank and leaves those bits of plastic in there to play havok with your water pump. I recommend that you rinse the fresh water tank several times to discharge those plastic bits. It may also be a good idea to get a filter for your pumps intake.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:17 PM   #38

To OP and others who chose an Eagle TT over an Eagle fiver: Why? I am very interested to know why you went with the TT. I am torn between an Eagle TT and the Fiver. I would appreciate your insight and some idea of your decision making process. Love your new rig, #jealous!
gunafulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:07 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
To OP and others who chose an Eagle TT over an Eagle fiver: Why? I am very interested to know why you went with the TT. I am torn between an Eagle TT and the Fiver. I would appreciate your insight and some idea of your decision making process. Love your new rig, #jealous!
I got a n eagle 330rsts instead of the comparable 5th wheel as it is lighter, easier for me to park and no steps to the upper bedroom, and a very large bathroom. I had a Newmar 5th (35') and never could figure out the break (when it starts turning) so it was a pain for me to park, I also think that a TT follows the truck better making for easier turns (not so wide). Travel trailers set up properly are just as stable as a 5th towing (been doing this for over 50 yrs), only had one trailer that towed terrible and I think it might have had axle problems but traded off as I did not want to experiment with it any longer.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunafulltime View Post
My main reason going with the TT was I use the space in the back of my truck! I am a full timer. The 5th wheel hitch just takes up too much space for my liking. I've been towing trailers my whole life, never had a problem.

My Smoker Adventure:
I bought a really cool small smoker, if interested PM me.