Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2019, 04:39 PM   #1

The things you discover (27BH)

So, I was up on the trailer today because the 3 MaxxAir vent covers came in.

I got three of them because that's what the guy who did our walk through recommended.

However, one of them will be going back because the Fantastic Fan needs a different kind of cover. Which he didn't mention.

The second thing I discovered was that the solar prep included the roof entry point for panels. When I asked about solar prep I got the spiel about the "Solar on the Side" and that's what Solar Prep was. I thought it might be a little more than that because of the sticker on the side of the entertainment center wall that was a place for a solar controller but he didn't know anything about that.

And number 3 - the backup camera prep is outstanding. To get it installed all I had to do was remove the camera from the housing it came in, remove the cover plate from the mount already on the trailer, plug it in, put the screws back in.

And then sat in my truck with the monitor wondering why there wasn't a signal. It only took about 4 or 5 minutes for me to realize that there's no power to the camera unless the trailer lights are on. Once I hooked up the TV the pair paired right away and it's a very clear picture. Hopefully it keeps the connection while driving.

There's another current thread with the info on how to hook it up so that you can power it without the trailer lights so it can be used for an observation camera when you're disconnected but I need to track down a switch first. There's a placeholder called Security in my Command Center and I want to wire it in there with a switch that matches what's in the panel already.

So at the end of the month when our new radio comes in (broken when we picked it up) I'll have a quick chat with them about maybe doing a little better job when doing the walkthrough.

2017 Shasta 18FQ (traded in)
2015 Quicksilver 10.0 (sold)

Not all who wander are lost.
kweinert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kweinert View Post
*snip*

So at the end of the month when our new radio comes in (broken when we picked it up) I'll have a quick chat with them about maybe doing a little better job when doing the walkthrough.
Good luck. I think salesmen are talking heads to get a sale. I oft wonder if any of these people really are trained on the features of the units they are attempting to sell. Maybe Artificial Intelligence will replace them some day and, hopefully, not programmed to lie.

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote