Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-04-2020, 05:04 PM   #1

The Time Has Come (Well, Almost)

I'm just one week away from receiving my new 2020 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 264BH. The dealership is closed due to the current pandemic, but I will still be picking her up. The downside is that they were going to do a demo and show me everything on it but they can't do that anymore. So I'm literally showing up, hooking up and driving it home. I've been trying to find some videos online and most of what I found is just dealer walk-around's. Do you have any informative videos you can share? Or do you have some helpful hints? This isn't my first rodeo - I have an old '70's Vanguard that I currently use and I'm well-versed in my dads 2000 Jayco Eagle but that's 20 years old and I'm sure there's been many upgrades and changes since. Thanks in advance!
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 05:10 PM   #2
Site Team

First and foremost, congratulations on the new trailer. I know that you are going to be very excited to bring it home.

The functionality of the 264BH should be relatively strait forward and there are quite a few members on this board that have them. They should be able to walk you through any specific questions that you may have.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:21 PM   #3

With today's technology, why don't they do a face time ( iphone) or even a video chat that way the salesperson can do a walk thru live time?
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 06:27 PM   #4

X2 on the video walk through. But you will still need to do a hands on water fill, operate pump, toilet, stove, furnace, connect to power ac, lights, hook up with WDH, exterior lights, brakes, power jacks if any, doors, and windows, etc. etc etc. take your time, a LOT easier to get it fixed if you don't sign the final papers and check to get them to fix everything in a timely manner.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
Site Team

Make sure to sanitize it as part of the initial entry in the unit. You never know who or what has been in it.

Actually we have purchased 2 new units long before this virus and we did the same thing when we took possession.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #6

To be honest I have learned more from asking questions here. They literally spent about an hour with me and just showed where the switches were to some extent. Most of the time was my inspection. The best thing for me was a trip to the county park about 15 miles from home for a weekend. You’ll do some bonehead things, we all do. After a couple set ups and tear downs you’ll be good. Just enjoy!!

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #7

Make sure that you have a close look at your bill of sale. If they charged you for a PDI, which they probably did, demand that they refund you that amount. Dealerships are greasy slime balls that are in the business of ripping people off... Protect yourself!
Old 04-09-2020, 07:15 AM   #8

As anxious as you are to take delivery, I would insist on a video PDI not just a walk through. Inspect every aspect before accepting delivery. Make sure every option you chose is present, make sure all systems including 12 Volt / 120 Volt electrical, fresh / city water, entertainment, slides, propane delivery to all required appliances, fridge on both electric and gas (if equipped) window / blind operation etc. I understand you are not familiar with the operation which is why there is the need to have a dealer rep on video explaining it all to you as you go.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:14 AM   #9

Easy Peazy, Hire and prepay a certified RV inspector. You could be present. Social Distance and mask in place. Once all is said and done. Your good to go!!