Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2014, 04:49 AM   #11

Sorry to hear about your troubles! I know where you bought the trailer We stopped there a year before we bought our trailer in 2011, left our name and number as they promised to call us when they got a 23B in stock. They stated that they sold several per year and would get one in soon...they still haven't called and we bought a used '06 off Craigslist.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #12

Sorry that you are having problems with your travel trailer, and hope you get them resolved quickly. We've had ours since June, and out of the gate we only had cosmetic problems until one night of camping, our inverter got fried. Got that taken care of, and we've really enjoyed our trailer.
Poppy

Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #13

Camping couple. Sorry you are having problems.
1-Do "NOT" go in to the dealer yelling/screaming!!! Trust me this will get you nowhere. It will make them think that you are trouble, and they will blow you off.
-Go in level headed, explain your issues. They will service your unit much better if you are easy to deal with. ("I know this-it happens daily at dealers")

2-Yes you are right. The unit did not receive a proper PDI. We always "overfill" the tanks. That would have found that problem. The slide "may or may not" have clanged and banged during PDI. Several things can cause that. Things like --how hard the jacks are pushing on the ground. (Thats #1 cause. Is one jack pushing more than the others? If so, it can cause the frame to "bind"). Another reason could be loose or mis-adjusted guides/rails.

3-Anyway, just go in with a proper attitude with the service writer. Then ask him/her if you can have these repairs demonstrated at time of pick up (after repairs). If you have no plans to use it now, tell them to take the time they need to repair it correctly. If you do plan to camp, then ask them if you can use it that time. Even if you have to bring it back for them to finish repairs.

I assure you, if you talk to them with some respect, they will repair the unit with some respect.
TIM
qwed94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #14

**UPDATE**

Went to the dealer on Monday and vented my frustrations. As for the water tank issue, they admitted not filling the tank fully during the PDI. Said they have never had a problem like that with a broken fitting, so they usually don't fill all them fully during the inspections. They will start now.

The slide was adjusted to my satifaction. It still looks like it is to far out from the side wall but after really looking at it close up and from different angles, it's fine. The gasket is collapsed which tells me it is making good contact with the sealing surface.

As for the remaining issues, I corrected them myself and the dealer agreed to reimburse me for my time correcting the issues. I am very satisfied with my "side income" lol. I got reimbursed 4 hrs x their shop labor rate. I cannot complain about that!! They made it right.

My power jack button is on order. The aluminum rims I ordered will be here next week. I'm not pushing any further on the rims. Jayco screwed the order up, they will get a letter from me.

We are going on our second shakedown trip locally this weekend and probably our last trip before I winterize it. I am now confident all my issues are behind us. If not I sure know how to fix them.

Lastly, the Elite package has 2-45 gallon fresh water tanks, it takes awhile to fill up at the dump station. Thats ALOT of water!

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #15

It might be a lot if water and a long time to fill but it is awesome to have and I love my 90 gallons of water!

Glad they got everything resolved and it is working out! So far I have nothing but good things to say about my warranty issues as my dealer didn't even blink an eye and just said don't worry about it it will get made right.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:11 PM   #16

Glad to hear it!
UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #17

Hey Joe, Sorry to hear of your troubles. As for my 2 cents, I have a 2011 x23j. Love the trailer, bought it used and have not had any troubles as of yet with the exception of the bathroom sink plug. Ours is the exact same. Not way to keep it partially open without pulling it out all together. I guessing faulty design.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping Couple View Post
**UPDATE**

Went to the dealer on Monday and vented my frustrations. As for the water tank issue, they admitted not filling the tank fully during the PDI. Said they have never had a problem like that with a broken fitting, so they usually don't fill all them fully during the inspections. They will start now.

The slide was adjusted to my satifaction. It still looks like it is to far out from the side wall but after really looking at it close up and from different angles, it's fine. The gasket is collapsed which tells me it is making good contact with the sealing surface.

As for the remaining issues, I corrected them myself and the dealer agreed to reimburse me for my time correcting the issues. I am very satisfied with my "side income" lol. I got reimbursed 4 hrs x their shop labor rate. I cannot complain about that!! They made it right.

My power jack button is on order. The aluminum rims I ordered will be here next week. I'm not pushing any further on the rims. Jayco screwed the order up, they will get a letter from me.

We are going on our second shakedown trip locally this weekend and probably our last trip before I winterize it. I am now confident all my issues are behind us. If not I sure know how to fix them.

Lastly, the Elite package has 2-45 gallon fresh water tanks, it takes awhile to fill up at the dump station. Thats ALOT of water!
Sounds like you have done a "quality" job getting that stuff taken care of . Glad to hear theres still another outing for you this season. Unfortunitly, we are done for the season. We spent last weekend up at Ludington state park (weather was miserable) but, who would have known when we made the reservations it would be so cold, windy and wet. Now to get the home renovations done before the baby comes in a few weeks...

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshvegasmike View Post
Hey Joe, Sorry to hear of your troubles. As for my 2 cents, I have a 2011 x23j. Love the trailer, bought it used and have not had any troubles as of yet with the exception of the bathroom sink plug. Ours is the exact same. Not way to keep it partially open without pulling it out all together. I guessing faulty design.
It's not designed to remain open a little, it is designed to be a simple plug so you can fill the basin. But there is a VERY simple fix:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...highlight=mods

The first pic in my post, it's a simple garden hose gasket. It's round, so you can just roll it up onto the plug and it leaves just enough space that it acts just like your one at home. I got it as part of a garden hose gasket accessory kit from Home Depot. It included the flat ones that I use on my hoses and these round ones that I didn't use (until now!).

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
Sounds like you have done a "quality" job getting that stuff taken care of . Glad to hear theres still another outing for you this season. Unfortunitly, we are done for the season. We spent last weekend up at Ludington state park (weather was miserable) but, who would have known when we made the reservations it would be so cold, windy and wet. Now to get the home renovations done before the baby comes in a few weeks...
This time of year is the best for camping if you can be lucky enough to have good weather. But when you make reservations it sure is a gamble. I remember three or so years ago when we camped in Oct. It was almost 80 and sunny all week.

We leave for Burt Lake next week and hoping for the best.

UPCamper is offline   Reply With Quote