Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2023, 04:51 AM   #1

Thinking about an Upgrade to Eagle?

I have been poking around a little bit and looking at a 2024 280RSOK - Dealer Stock Only trailers. There are several out there at different dealers.

Mainly for a 50 amp, two A/C setup with the Extreme Weather package and, of course, all the other upgrades that come with Eagle trailers.

Any owners out there that can share your ownership experience with this or similar trailers?

Thanks!

Woollymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 06:55 AM   #2

We have a 2021 280RSOK and love it. There are many features which make this a perfect fit for us - the large coat closet, the spacious pantry, the outside kitchen, the large cabinet in the bedroom with access from the bathroom, the fireplace and the large side tables next to the bed. Hope you enjoy your new home as much as we do!
cimarronkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 07:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimarronkid View Post
We have a 2021 280RSOK and love it. There are many features which make this a perfect fit for us - the large coat closet, the spacious pantry, the outside kitchen, the large cabinet in the bedroom with access from the bathroom, the fireplace and the large side tables next to the bed. Hope you enjoy your new home as much as we do!
Thanks! Does yours have 2 A/C's and the Extreme Weather package?

What has been your experience in cold weather?
Old 12-03-2023, 08:44 AM   #4

Yes, we have 2 air conditioners. When it is really hot we run them both but usually end up turning the one in the bedroom off once the trailer cools down. If we know it is going to be a hot day, we turn the ACs on in the morning to cool the unit down and then it is very comfortable when the temperature warms.

We have something called Climate Shield, which says it is Four Seasons. We try not to travel when it is really cold but we have been caught in cold weather when we travel. We use the fireplace a lot when it is cold. Also have the furnace on an app on my phone so I can turn it on before I get out of bed. Will use a small space heater in the bathroom if it is really cold. Is it toasty warm all the time? No but it is doable for the times we are in cold weather.
cimarronkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:20 AM   #5

Or maybe a Winnebago. Really want/need 4 season camping capability. I am not talking about the North Pole. I live in the South.

Old 12-07-2023, 04:17 PM   #6

If that one work for you, do a search and compare them both.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:46 PM   #7

I like the layout on the Winni. Both are probably a good option. It looks better on the outside too. I canít stomach the new decals on the Ď24 Eagle line.
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 06:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
If that one work for you, do a search and compare them both.
Yes, I have been doing a lot of research on these two TT's. Unfortunately, they don't get good reviews from users. They both have a lot of major problems.

Think I will just stay with my JayFlight for the time being and make it work or, try to.

I do a lot of fishing, hiking, biking, hunting and other outdoor activities. These upscale trailers are probably "too nice" for my application.
Old 12-16-2023, 01:07 PM   #9

I have a 2020 280RSOK. It's just me and my wife camping. My biggest "bitch" is the sofa along the back wall. They anchor it to the floor with 1/16" aluminum. That has ripped out almost immediately. Maybe it's my entire rig set up but that sofa constantly rips up what ever I use to anchor it down. I pull it with a 2021 2500HD Denali, using an Equal-I-zer hitch. I almost never exceed 60MPH. Everything in that trailer is jostled around.

My other bitch is the lack of room in the bedroom.

I've even added Sumo Springs to the trailer axles but they're worthless.

I have no experience with the new support system on the Newer Eagles. I do love the ease of leveling it with the Ground control I have.
Other than an occasional glitch with the schwintek slide I have to re-sync every 6 months, it's not a bad trailer.
hjets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 02:27 PM   #10

Eagle 280RSOK

We have a 2021 Eagle HT 280RSOK and love it. We tow it with a 2020 GMC 2500 HD diesel with a wd hitch. Itís a little heavier than I wanted but it tows very easy. We donít go over 65 and the truck handles it just fine. We love the open floor plan with the opposing slides. We have been in below freezing temps several times and havenít had any issues. We also use the fireplace for additional heat in those conditions. We havenít had issues with ours. It has shocks installed on both axles which I would recommend. I would have preferred a queen bed instead of the king just so thereís more room in the bedroom. Good luck in your travels!
Kenbarb2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 02:52 PM   #11

Upgrade to Eagle

We have the 2020 RSTS 330. If you have the truck to pull it then it is a great trailer. The new 2024 model has the 5th wheel leaveling system on it. Take a look at it. Big closets, and best shower in a camper.
Dannie0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjets View Post
I have a 2020 280RSOK. My biggest "bitch" is the sofa along the back wall.

My other bitch is the lack of room in the bedroom.

I've even added Sumo Springs to the trailer axles but they're worthless.
Yes, that back wall sofa and small bedroom have me leaning toward the Winnebago. Full queen or king bed if you want. Not the short ones. Way more space in the bedroom.

I crawled all over and under the Winnie at a local dealer. Really impressed with the build. Now, I know what to look for.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:36 AM   #13

Eagle

Howdy all. We just bought an 28.5 Rsts Eagle fifth wheel. We havenít really used it yet. Getting ready to head to Florida in January. But I have seen a lot on things on it not mentioned at the dealership. Ours is basically, as far as I can tell, pre-set up for multiple upgrades. Plug n play as they say. So far we are impressed with the Eagle.
Stoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 09:47 AM   #14

I have the HT Eagle 274CKDS, same layout as the one you are looking at but the bed turned the other way with no slide in the bedroom (less slides, less issues IMO) mine is a 2020. I love it! It also says climate shield and was told heat was ducted to the enclosed insulated belly.....not true, there is no insulation down there and no heat duct!
I did camp in freezing Colorado in a blizzard. I had heated hose, heat tape on everything that was exposed, ran heaters/fireplace. I had the pipe from kitchen to tank freeze, poured full strength anti-freeze down sink, let sit for the day and that worked. Did not have any other issues but spent more time worrying than enjoying. So as soon as I was able to dig out of the snow and ice I headed south!
Good luck!!

My Smoker Adventure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BSZsmP5X78
Use code SPdiscount to buy on Amazon
Spower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 01:38 PM   #15

Jayco Rv vs...

Hello! I currently have a 2020 Jayco Eagle HT 270RLDS. It has 50amp, dual AC, and the extreme weather Climate Shield package. I do Michigan in the summer and Florida in the winter. The dual AC is nice, especially if you are parked in the sun. And for cooler weather, the fireplace works great on those cooler mornings, but I usually use an infrared heater if I'm running heat all night.
I pull this trailer easily with a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0 Duramax. However, with the tongue weight being close to 1000lbs, you may want air bags to keep your pickup level. I'm not sure if a 3/4 or 1 ton would need any. Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy it!
Low21 is offline   Reply With Quote