Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #11

I just carry a short piece of bridge timber. It is about 12X12 and is a foot long. It's not heavy and is no problem finding a place in the truck to store it. I have never had a problem getting it back from a dealer.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #12

Seems like we all need more lift, what's up with that! I have wood blocks in every storage area. WHY? A block of wood to land on is one thing, but 3 2x4's to get off a stock F150 is a pain. Just saying...

snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #13

I looked at the swing legs, but at 6", that would only net me about one inch difference. I already have the adjustable jack foot with 4 holes in it for different heights. I leave it in the tallest setting all the time. I can get the trailer on and off my truck without blocks, but just barely, the jack is almost fully extended.

You can also get a jack foot up to 15" that will hold a respectable amount of weight, but they're not adjustable or quickly stowable, so you would have to put it on or take it off every time you unhitched. Granted, it's just a cotter pin, but still... Even with this really long jack foot, it's still going to be less stable than just extending your jack a shorter distance and putting the foot on blocks... So here I am, back at square one...

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #14
Site Team

You might be able to use one of these.

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/chassis-...sters-feet.asp

Check first, before you buy, to ensure it's compatible with your tongue jack.

I have the taller one. There are stops inside a few inches below the top (you can see the depressions in the picture) to prevent the tongue jack post from going all the way to the bottom.

I don't recall the exact amount of increase in height you get, but I think the total length is about 9" with a 6" increase in height.

It's a lot less expensive than the Fastway. I've had mine about as long as I've had my TT which will be 15 years in January.

Even with the extension/foot, I also still put a 2" x 4" and an 8" x 8" under the foot. Jayco put its TTs with slideouts on double-stacked frames back then which made them 9" higher than their non-slideout counterparts.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:21 AM   #15

FPM, I'm going to order the tall one and try that. Didn't like the flip-up type.
Still will use one block to set up on, but won't have a problem (hopefully)
at the dealer.
snookwhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #16
Site Team

Good. Let us know how it works out for you. If you're having problems just raising the front high enough to get the TT off the hitch ball, you're going to have difficulty raising your front high enough lift to level your TT in sites that are sloped downward from the rear to the front. The extension/foot will help in this situation.

If I can't raise the front enough with what I normally use, I get out the Lynx Levelers and use them under everything'

A hint: Slip the extension/foot onto the tongue jack post before you start stacking whatever you're using underneath it. If you put it on last, there might not be enough clearance to slide it on.

I always remove the extension/foot before towing.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote