Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #1

Tongue Jack issues

Brand new Jay flight 212QBW. Tongue Jack stopped working off of battery. If I plug it into town vehicle it works, so motor, switch, inline fuse all good.

Up until an hour ago, before we broke camp on first shakedown cruise/weekend, it worked.

Is there another fuse I'm not seeing somewhere?

I'm an electrical engineer so I'll start tracing wires but would love full schematic.

Thanks In Advance
Starsky137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:46 PM   #2

Not trying to be insulting, but that sounds like a simple dead battery. Will the battery alone move the slide? It could be low enough that it can manage a couple led lights, but high current draws line motors might be to much.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM   #3

Sorry, forgot to say "battery is full, no other on-board electrical issues.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #4

Look for a 30AMP spade fuse on the tongue somewhere. Ours was right next to the metal junction box at the rear of the tongue right under the front of the camper.. The rectangular fuse holder has a cap on it that you need to flip off to replace the fuse. Those tongue jacks are sensitive when they reach the full up/retract position and can blow that fuse. There should be a line near the base of the jack where it tells you to stop raising it but I always stop it a little before it reaches that line.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #5

Avoid retracting the jack until it stops, I learned this the hard way on my ‘17 , although the fuse did not blow the jack locked up, could not move it manually, had to “block” the tongue up at the campsite and put on a new one
rarobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 03:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscampsin View Post
Look for a 30AMP spade fuse on the tongue somewhere. Ours was right next to the metal junction box at the rear of the tongue right under the front of the camper.. The rectangular fuse holder has a cap on it that you need to flip off to replace the fuse. Those tongue jacks are sensitive when they reach the full up/retract position and can blow that fuse. There should be a line near the base of the jack where it tells you to stop raising it but I always stop it a little before it reaches that line.
That's it. Thanks.
Wife was running the jack for the first time and thinks that's what she did.

I now have a nice supply of assorted fuses in the trailer and I'm going out with a sharpie to make the marks clearer.

Thanks again!
Old 07-15-2018, 08:02 PM   #7

Mine did the same thing and it blew the main spade type fuse on the green wire, which was only a 20 amp fuse feeding a jack rated at 30 amps along with the rest of the trailer. Took my tongue jack off the trailer harness and wired it direct to the battery with a 30 amp fuse and life is good again.
Mytwuk is offline   Reply With Quote