Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #1

Total disaster!

We went camping this weekend and it rained. No big deal until we found a puddle of water next to to my husbands side of the bed. Long story short when we picked up our brand new Jayco we noticed a dimple in the aluminum siding up above the bedroom window. Our dealer saw it too and ordered the new part and took it to the dealership to replace it and even towed it back to our home. Well I am thinking they did not seal something with the new siding because the water from the rain was coming through the bottom of the bedroom wall where it meets the floor. I have to call the service dept. tomorrow. We tarped it for now but we are a spring seasonal until the end of June and I don't want to be with out my camper but I am worried about mold down the road even if they replace the walls and what not. I am soooo upset. We traded in our Whitehawk for a lot of little mistakes that just drove me nuts.I really hope our dealership takes this very seriously. I hope this works out smoothly....
2017 Jayco Jayflight 28bhbe Elite and thermal package
2014 Jayco White Hawk 28dsbh(traded in)
mesuezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #2

Really sorry to hear about your trouble - Hope your dealer can get it resolved quickly!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 06:14 PM   #3

I completely understand your frustration !
Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #4

Hope the camper gets well dried!
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #5

Sorry to hear that it must be frustrating. Hope it all works out for the best. I just dread the thought of having to take my trailer to service because it feels like they hold hostage then fail to do a good job.
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #6

We got a phone call from our dealership, 6 weeks after taking possession, informing us that the parts to complete our warranty work were in and wanted to schedule a 3 week period to have it done. I asked if they had the wrong customer because we weren't aware of any work needing to be done... She had the right person and then sent me a six page work order for factory imperfections that were discovered in the comprehensive inspection by the dealership. None of which was disclosed to us before completing the sale. We are happy with Jayco but completely deceived by our dealership. Good luck and I hope all works out!
Baker1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker1131 View Post
We got a phone call from our dealership, 6 weeks after taking possession, informing us that the parts to complete our warranty work were in and wanted to schedule a 3 week period to have it done. I asked if they had the wrong customer because we weren't aware of any work needing to be done... She had the right person and then sent me a six page work order for factory imperfections that were discovered in the comprehensive inspection by the dealership. None of which was disclosed to us before completing the sale. We are happy with Jayco but completely deceived by our dealership. Good luck and I hope all works out!
Any recall items, or all just PDI stuff that they caught?

Curious what they are 'fixing'. I'd probably freak out on them.

Wait a sec lol... we're almost neighbors. What dealership did this?
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Any recall items, or all just PDI stuff that they caught?

Curious what they are 'fixing'. I'd probably freak out on them.

Wait a sec lol... we're almost neighbors. What dealership did this?
Ha! I let my wife do the freaking out on them. It may or may not have been Camping World in Longmont. Their GM is very aware of our dissatisfaction. Most of the stuff was cosmetic (decals, dented panels, etc. There are a couple windows that were marked as "crooked" which they will replace) Although, one of the items was regarding a water line under the kitchen sink. We were assured "100%" by the service center that all the work could safely be postponed until the end of camping season. Estimated three weeks in the shop.Its been an interesting journey so far.
Old 05-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #9

We ended up buying at camping world too.. out on west Colfax near Golden. We have to keep an eye on these <insert term of choice here>... err people. Didn't want to derail the thread but did a double take on your post we've been happy at the golden location for what it's worth, good techs, decent store, not that I buy stuff there lol... anyway, cool to see another local on here.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
We ended up buying at camping world too.. out on west Colfax near Golden. We have to keep an eye on these <insert term of choice here>... err people. Didn't want to derail the thread but did a double take on your post we've been happy at the golden location for what it's worth, good techs, decent store, not that I buy stuff there lol... anyway, cool to see another local on here.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Being a paramedic, I see the worst in people. That's why I let the wife handle it. I don't think they were being malicious, I just think it's how the industry works. That being said, I'm not a happy camper. Yes, that just happened. We were pleased with the sales and financing experiences but I definitely feel they should be legally obligated to disclose these things before selling them. I'm sure they don't because then they would have to be flexible on the price and they were very clear that they weren't. Live and learn.

I agree. It is nice to have local insight. We took it up to Carter Lake for five nights and then shifted over to Boyd Lake for two more. It should have been three but I called an audible when I saw that snow storm coming in and left a day early. One of the best choices I ever made...
Old 05-09-2017, 07:21 PM   #11

We were at Boyd for that snow storm! Wasn't too bad.

With sales being so strong the last couple of years, I think dealers are struggling to keep up with warranty. Couple that with Jayco probably trying to push volume while maintaining some semblance of quality. I am willing to bet dealers are not terrified of being the middle man, they get paid to do the warranty work while up-selling more accessories.

Always pay close attention to details when you walk through the doors of any dealership.
A2Z_Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:47 PM   #12

Sounds to me like the dealer might be "finding" defects to keep there service department busy and billing Jayco for the work.

Especially if you were not aware of any of these things during your PDI.

The whole thing sounds kind of shady.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #13

Wow! Very sorry to hear about the problems. Nothing like getting excited about the time you will spend enjoying new places and the outdoors and then this happens and puts a damper on things. Hope everything gets corrected and you get to enjoy your camping time.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesuezee View Post
We went camping this weekend and it rained. No big deal until we found a puddle of water next to to my husbands side of the bed. Long story short when we picked up our brand new Jayco we noticed a dimple in the aluminum siding up above the bedroom window. Our dealer saw it too and ordered the new part and took it to the dealership to replace it and even towed it back to our home. Well I am thinking they did not seal something with the new siding because the water from the rain was coming through the bottom of the bedroom wall where it meets the floor. I have to call the service dept. tomorrow. We tarped it for now but we are a spring seasonal until the end of June and I don't want to be with out my camper but I am worried about mold down the road even if they replace the walls and what not. I am soooo upset. We traded in our Whitehawk for a lot of little mistakes that just drove me nuts.I really hope our dealership takes this very seriously. I hope this works out smoothly....
Sorry we hijacked your post!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
Sounds to me like the dealer might be "finding" defects to keep there service department busy and billing Jayco for the work.

Especially if you were not aware of any of these things during your PDI.

The whole thing sounds kind of shady.
Agreed!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2Z_Adventures View Post
We were at Boyd for that snow storm! Wasn't too bad.

With sales being so strong the last couple of years, I think dealers are struggling to keep up with warranty. Couple that with Jayco probably trying to push volume while maintaining some semblance of quality. I am willing to bet dealers are not terrified of being the middle man, they get paid to do the warranty work while up-selling more accessories.

Always pay close attention to details when you walk through the doors of any dealership.
I think we would have been fine if we were staying through the weekend but we were set to head home on Saturday morning which would have put us in the middle of the storm. I didn't want anything to do with that.

As far as the camper, we were severely unprepared for what we were getting ourselves into. Add to that our walk through was lacking and rushed. We weren't sure what to look for...
Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #17

Sorry to hear. Hope everything is solved in a timely manner. Good luck.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote